SE Hollowbody thread

Mine has arrived! I'm over the moon with it, haven't had chance to give it a decent play through but so far very impressed!

Right on !!! You are the first I've heard about Please report and give us some pictures as soon as possible

....... having problems attaching pics I think it may be my phone, because I'm a new member or probably because I'm bobbins with tech.....

While we waiting for photos... I checked with my dealer and their latest ETA is “some time next week”.

Just jumping in here to move this back to the top
Hoping someone will chime in with a hands on appraisal
Thanks

Does anyone know why they made the bodies bigger on the SEs?

Maybe because its a different type of construction and using Laminate instead of solid wood. It could be down to the machines that press the laminates to shape too.

I am guessing but that seems likely to me!!

Very simple. More resonance in a larger body size. I would expect they worked it out on a CAD. There should be a certain depth and lower bout width that yield maximum benefit. I played one on Wednesday, and it rang like a bell. The fretwork was very good, and the neck felt more like a pattern regular than anything else. All I have to do is reconcile myself to a Chinese guitar, which I’ve never done. It’s a real player.

Still waiting until N Stuff Music gets theirs in around January. I really like the mahogany standard in tobacco burst. I’m hoping it will scratch my “sound like Trey” itch.

Sweetwater is shipping mine out today! Thanks to them supplying the serial number in the invoice (and a bit of knowledge about how they store their photos) I could grab the photos of it before they send me the email. Here are a couiple to share (in case you're sick of the stock photo of the model)
YXjjki3.jpg
VBcRTzL.jpg

Back