SE Hollowbody Piezo!

Has this been announced anywhere? Can't find it on Reverb, nor any mention on the PRS site...

Has this been announced anywhere? Can't find it on Reverb, nor any mention on the PRS site...
It was posted on Reverb yesterday, but as of this morning the listing was removed. I think the dealer posted prematurely.

I was super excited about the thought of an SE Hollowbody piezo. Would be super useful in a band situation without having a lot of money invested, which is kinda why I sold my SCHB II. Oddly, I kinda feel not that excited now that it seems to be coming really soon. I still would like to get my hands on the SE HB std.

So far, Looks like they are offering these in Peacock Blue, and Black Gold burst!
I like black gold burst. I mentioned earlier swapping pickup rings. Don't like the cream pickup rings on the peacock, but they look nice on the black gold. Ready to drop $ on one.

Last edited:
It’s kinda funny that SE’s are in stock at dealers before even being announced, yet US models take ages to show up. Abalone birds look nice, but I’m perfectly content with my HB Standard currently.

Actually, It's perfectly logical. The factories are in China, and they're in a different situation with regards to Covid. I think they 've put an early emphasis on the imports, which are made and are just waiting in Maryland to be inspected. This would provide some immediate relief for a precarious financial situation.

Actually, It's perfectly logical. The factories are in China, and they're in a different situation with regards to Covid. I think they 've put an early emphasis on the imports, which are made and are just waiting in Maryland to be inspected. This would provide some immediate relief for a precarious financial situation.

I get what you’re saying, but I’m not isolating my comments to 2020. It’s always months after an announcement till US models trickle out.

It’s kinda funny that SE’s are in stock at dealers before even being announced, yet US models take ages to show up. Abalone birds look nice, but I’m perfectly content with my HB Standard currently.

I was at the factory the first week of march and the tour guide let it slip they were working on it back then.

NGD! Just got home with mine. Changed out tuners to locking tuners and then decided gold/black knobs looked better than the orange ones that it shipped with. I played it for a few minutes at the store and it is SWEET!
CIUI814.jpg

TBVHxN3.jpg
BxIZ9sN.jpg

NGD! Just got home with mine. Changed out tuners to locking tuners and then decided gold/black knobs looked better than the orange ones that it shipped with. I played it for a few minutes at the store and it is SWEET!
CIUI814.jpg

TBVHxN3.jpg
BxIZ9sN.jpg

Man... that binding.

Back