SE Hollowbody Piezo hook up?

Jack B

Would like to hear some ideas for live compact setups for the SE Hollowbody Piezo that separate the piezo and electric signals? Would prefer not to use amps and just pedals and a PA.

You could do a small board with fx into a Stomp, Iridium or some amp simulation to direct box for the electric signal. For the piezo side straight to a di box or an acoustic di by LR Baggs or Fishman. They let you add eq as the piezo has no tone control.

You could do a small board with fx into a Stomp, Iridium or some amp simulation to direct box for the electric signal. For the piezo side straight to a di box or an acoustic di by LR Baggs or Fishman. They let you add eq as the piezo has no tone control.
could the Stomp be used for both acoustic and electric?

could the Stomp be used for both acoustic and electric?
I would think so. I have the fx only model but I could see creating another path for the acoustic. I would still try using an aux output for the acoustic to let the engineer eq and level set separately.

Someone just asked this question, and it’s a good one. Check out the Radial PZ-DI box. Just route your separate piezo signals to the box and to front of house. Run your guitar rig as normal.

Playing mine through my Axe Fx, makes playing out of both guitars outputs a breeze and sounds so good. I suppose any Fractal unit could do that (and much much more...)

Back