SE Hollowbody ii Piezo problem

Jabes C. Pagan

Hi! I’m new to the forum.
Last summer I purchased a SE HB ii piezo from Sweetwater. I really love the guitar, but yesterday I took it out of the case to play it a bit and noticed the Piezo is no working. There’s no signal coming out when I raise the volume knob. I tried different cables, etc., but there is no sound Has anyone had this problem??? I bought it new just 8-9 months ago, so I find this very odd.

@Jabes C. Pagan has the Piezo ever worked, or is this the first time you tried it?

The simple things to check are to:
*Make sure the battery is slid all the way forward and making proper contact with the terminals - the battery needs to click into the terminals, not just touch.
*Make sure you're using the right volume pot and/or try also adjusting the 'tone' pot.
*Make sure you're using the right output jack.

Then the next level of checks would be:
*Take off the bridge and make sure the white connector underneath is plugged in.
*Unscrew the 6 screws securing the plastic Piezo cover and make sure Piezo volume trim pot is not all the way at 0.
*Check that the black wire with plastic plug is connected to the Piezo Output on the PCB (same wire that goes to underside of bridge.)
*Make sure the red and black wires from the battery are still connected to the PCB.

For reference, there are some pics in my SE Hollowbody II Piezo Electronics thread, here:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...-electronics-wiring-thread.47423/#post-630056

Last edited:
@Jabes C. Pagan has the Piezo ever worked, or is this the first time you tried it?

The simple things to check are to:
*Make sure the battery is slid all the way forward and making proper contact with the terminals - the battery needs to click into the terminals, not just touch.
*Make sure you're using the right volume pot and/or try also adjusting the 'tone' pot.
*Make sure you're using the right output jack.

Then the next level of checks would be:
*Take off the bridge and make sure the white connector underneath is plugged in.
*Unscrew the 6 screws securing the plastic Piezo cover and make sure Piezo volume trim pot is not all the way at 0.
*Check that the black wire with plastic plug is connected to the Piezo Output on the PCB (same wire that goes to underside of bridge.)
*Make sure the red and black wires from the battery are still connected to the PCB.

For reference, there are some pics in my SE Hollowbody II Piezo Electronics thread, here:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...-electronics-wiring-thread.47423/#post-630056
It was working fine. I didn’t play it for a few weeks and now it seems the input jack for the mix/piezo doesn’t send a signal

930eb44b-4774-406a-841a-f5304c440c95
I don't know if you can see the picture I’m trying to upload here

If you want to PM me a link to the pick (the URL) I can post it for you. IDK if there's a post count requirement or something. Or maybe you can just post the URL w/o the http or .com or whatever, and we can link it for you.

If you want to PM me a link to the pick (the URL) I can post it for you. IDK if there's a post count requirement or something. Or maybe you can just post the URL w/o the http or .com or whatever, and we can link it for you.
I don't know how to send you the picture. I took it with my cel

You need to post it somewhere else online, then right click and copy "link to image. " Then in this thread, click the little picture icon and paste the URL to the image. You can use your social media account to post the pic, if you have one. I have an album on my Facebook page for guitar repair stuff, so I use that.

I will try and do that asap so you can take a look. You know the plug at the bridge? It has 2 wires attached to the bridge. Mine has one not attached

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem. I had bought the guitar, it had the issue say returned it, they got the replacement and it has the same problem. I’m thinking it’s user error at this point and not sure what I’m doing wrong

Not being rude, have you checked your battery?
I was having the same problem and your post prompted me to replace the battery. Presto! I knew there was a battery but I’ve only had the guitar for about a month, wouldn’t have thought the original battery would go dead so soon. Any idea how long a battery lasts in this application?

I was having the same problem and your post prompted me to replace the battery. Presto! I knew there was a battery but I’ve only had the guitar for about a month, wouldn’t have thought the original battery would go dead so soon. Any idea how long a battery lasts in this application?

I remember someone else having this issue.

Possibly something to do with a short on the jack socket, causing the circuit for the piezo remaining on?

I take it you don’t leave your guitar lead plugged in when not playing it?

For what it's worth...I left my HB II Piezo plugged in overnight in the mag only jack. This still killed the Piezo battery. The mags still worked in the mag hole with the dead battery, as they should ;)

Back