SE Hollowbody II Piezo dressed up

NazJazz

Just picked up an SE HB IIp on Craigslist, and so far my son and I are loving it.

It needed a few minor fixes (battery leads resoldered; I should swap out the pickup selector as it pops when switching and also wobbles), but it plays great.

I didn’t love the cream pickup frames and selector toggle tip, so with $14 of parts from Amazon I dressed it up in black. I like it better and will share pics here as soon as I have enough posts (new member).

I appreciate all of the great resources here - I found tips on replacing the selector switch and also a future mod we may tackle: the piezo/both/magnetic toggle. Thanks, all!

Yeah, great guitar...The pickup switch is loud....but you are a jazz guy so it will stay in the up position most of the time anyway :p

Congrats, those SE Hollowbodies are very nice guitars. I've grown quite attached to my SE Hollowbody Standard.

PS ~ PICS! or it's an Epiphone :p

LOL! As soon as the forum lets me, pics are on their way.

Just picked up an SE HB IIp on Craigslist, and so far my son and I are loving it.

It needed a few minor fixes (battery leads resoldered; I should swap out the pickup selector as it pops when switching and also wobbles), but it plays great.

I didn’t love the cream pickup frames and selector toggle tip, so with $14 of parts from Amazon I dressed it up in black. I like it better and will share pics here as soon as I have enough posts (new member).

I appreciate all of the great resources here - I found tips on replacing the selector switch and also a future mod we may tackle: the piezo/both/magnetic toggle. Thanks, all!

Nice! I have the same axe. I’ve been thinking about the same change from cream to black, any chance you can share Amazon links to the parts you used? TIA!

Nice! I have the same axe. I’ve been thinking about the same change from cream to black, any chance you can share Amazon links to the parts you used? TIA!

Here are the parts I got. The bridge pickup ring is a millimeter or two taller than the stock one, but they fit otherwise:

The switch looks identical in size and layout to the stock one, though slightly different materials; the knob is an identical match, and the one I got came with both black and cream. I swapped the knob for now (to get black) until I have the time to pull the old switch and solder in the new one (which also is wobbly in the middle position, but not nearly as bad as the stock one, and hopefully doesn’t pop when switching; I’ll report back after I do that):

Enjoy!

Back