SE Hollowbody 2, which hard case?

Looks like a guitar case for my daughter's Minecraft world!

Looks burly. Does it feel as sturdy as it looks? What's the weight like?

Yeah, it does look a bit daft inside but that is just character lol I was thinking more of one of the Doom guns.

It is made of ABS and tough enough, weighs 5 kilo. It feels too heavy to walk any distance with and has wheels.

I agree with you and Alnus: It works.

Who cares what the inside looks like. It's obvious that what is on the outside matters! We all know that outward appearance is the only that matters. Who cares if it works or sounds good, as long as it makes us wealthy PRS owners look cool!

It totally comes with a case.

Included Accessories Hardcase​

https://www.prsguitars.com/electrics/model/se_hollowbody_ii_2020
Still no case here in UK

But I do have this one
20200228-233458.jpg

The SE Hollowbody II ships with a shaped hard case which is sufficient for local gigging (if you're your own roadie) but not for plane/bus travel. There are two problems with the case:

1. You can't fit anything into a shaped case other than the guitar (no pedals, spare cables, etc.), and
2. When closed "properly" mine has a quarter-inch gap around the bottom.

Yes, I've checked several times, making sure the guitar and case lid are seated correctly and all latches secure as if the lid is on correctly.

This model has a 14" lower bout which is wider than most guitars (including most PRS guitars) so shopping for a decent case is a colossal pain. There are MANY models that claim to fit PRS and PRS-style guitars but they **will not** fit this one. Your only real option appears to be a $300+ case. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
How about the SKB PRS case, they’re not cheap, but would give your new guitar plenty of protection.

I have this case... Talk about "sturdy". Thing is built heavy enough to put your Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40w Range it !;) (its got wheels on it too)

Got it when I got the 594 Thinline.. Kinda of a case mismatch, as the petite Thinline looks lost in it.

As I am currently waiting on my Hollowbody 2, I'm thinking I'll do a "swittcheroo" and use the HB's case for the Thinline, and put the fragile, delicate, eggshell like HB in this nuclear hardened SKB devise (its waaay more case than a guitar probably needs, unless it get run over by a truck)

As for internal size, I can only know once the HB comes to fruition !

Should have come in a hard case. Granted not a great one, but a step above a gig bag. Did you get it used or something?

Mine came with a hard case. But I am shopping for a gig bag, I have a Gator Transit I can squeeze it into, but I'd like something that fits a little better. Anyone found something that works well?

Take a look at the Gruvgear 335 case. There are moveable foam pads inside. I keep my Johnny Hiland in a gruvgear case. I hate hard cases, they’re in a rack against the wall.

Back