SE Holcomb with a crooked bridge and no help

That’ll teach them.

Lol. It is what it is. The important part is thay they taught me. They taught me they expect people to settle for crooked bridges because they don't really care about thier SE customers, which also tells me not to spend the money on thier private stock models and so forth.

This was my first PRS venture and my last.

Lol. It is what it is. The important part is thay they taught me. They taught me they expect people to settle for crooked bridges because they don't really care about thier SE customers, which also tells me not to spend the money on thier private stock models and so forth.

Yeah, that’s a shame, and you were this close to being an actual paying customer.

Maybe it's an optical illusion, but they kinda all look like that.....

RK4LTSR.jpg

leTJ78a.jpg

DgNYdez.jpg

JmfNP7H.jpg

Yeah - I haven't pulled mine out yet to look, but I kind of wondered if it is a bit of an illusion. In the original pic, it does look like the strings come off the saddles at an angle, but it's slight so it's hard to say for sure.

OP - have you had a chance to play it and see if the intonation is affected? Not to minimize the issue, but if it stays in tune and intonates well, then it's just an aesthetic thing. That said, even if it plays perfectly, if that's going to keep you from bonding with it (as Shawn said), you're better off getting a replacement. Ultimately, you're the one who has to live with it, so you have to be happy.

Yeah, that’s a shame, and you were this close to being an actual paying customer.

Do you ever have anything beneficial or relavent to say ?

If you read, I put the money down and was waiting to get the issue resolved or at least officiated then pick it up.

All kinds of good information and things to think about have been posted, with the exception of your pointless lifeless chatter. Go away.

Just found pics of mine from a different thread. Not great angles on most of them. This one is color altered to highlight part of the quilt, but if you look at the bridge, it looks like the gap on the treble side between the bridge and pickup is a little bigger than the bass side.

Face.jpg

Maybe it's an optical illusion, but they kinda all look like that.....

RK4LTSR.jpg

leTJ78a.jpg

DgNYdez.jpg

JmfNP7H.jpg

Interesting. I'm seeing this on about 40% of the guitars I've looked at online.

But I've mentioned more than once that I have measured, as per Shawn's instructions and it is indeed crooked.

Yeah, it plays good otherwise.
Maybe I'm overreacting by expecting a straight bridge even on a Squier affinity series ?

Or if PRS can chime in and get me an official anser on tolerance or purpose.. then I will respectfully abide and pick up my guitar today.

Dealer has stepped up to the plate and is ordering me another one.

I appreciate all of the help and support and am happy to join the PRS family.

I'm curious. The saddles are individually adjustable, so the bridge angle would have nothing to do with intonation or playability.

That makes all of these issues cosmetic. Are you looking for perfect cosmetics, or is it your understanding that there are actual mechanical problems with the guitar?

No judgement in any way, just curious what exactly bothers you about this.

Seems a bit like a brown-m&m thing. If they couldn't be bothered to set the bridge straight, what else squirrelly might be going on with the crew who built that thing that you can't see?

Given that the screw holes are almost certainly drilled by a machine, it seems like it would be pretty tough to be out of spec.

Human interference is a minimum. Unless they have to rework a guitar.

All holes are drilled by a machine - some are automated like a CNC whilst some are drilled by a human operator using an Electric Drill.

It really depends on the hole though and type of bridge. The big holes for a tune-o-matic type bridge are drilled by a CNC machine as are the pick up cavities for example but small holes like the screw holes for the pick-up rings are not drilled by a machine but by a human when it comes to fitting the hardware. I would imagine a bridge like the one used here would also be fitted and the holes would need to be drilled out after finishing. I could be wrong but not all holes are drilled by a CNC machine. Another example is the tuners too for example which would have the 6 holes drilled to fit the tuners but the screw holes on the back that stop them rotating would be drilled by hand.

It really does depend on the hole - mainly the size of it that determines when it will be drilled and whether its drilled by a CNC machine or by a human when it comes to fitting the hardware.

I remember seeing a template being used to drilled the jack plate hole in a Maryland factory video.

So I think it would be fair to assume that the holes for the bridge screws would be drilled using a template, in the Indonesian factory.

I remember seeing a template being used to drilled the jack plate hole in a Maryland factory video.

So I think it would be fair to assume that the holes for the bridge screws would be drilled using a template, in the Indonesian factory.

That surprises me. Why use humans when the CNC can do it better?

That surprises me. Why use humans when the CNC can do it better?

This is Shawn’s 15 year employee guitar, jack socket being drilled. I’m guessing that it’s a matter of economics for this cut, having to set up CNC for this would be expensive.

As far as the bridge screw holes on an SE are most probably CNC’d.

However maybe not, seeing as the top would be CNC’d prior to the maple veneer being adhered. May not make any sense putting it back in the CNC for bridge screw holes.

Back