SE Headstock Mod - Fun times with Vinyl

Draconomics

Fearless Papa of The Brethren of the Crust
A couple months ago I cam across an old post by some dude here where he was doing a few upgrades/cosmetic alterations to his Zach Meyers SE. Something that caught my eye was he used a product called Di-Noc, which is basically a wood grain vinyl wrap, and overlaid it on the headstock. I thought it was kinda rad, and not a bad idea to try out. I found a place called RMWraps, and they sell 8X10 sample sheets of Belbien (similar to Di-Noc). Perfect for my nefarious purposes. So, went ahead and did it to the PG, and here's the result. I dig it. Plus its non damaging to the finish, so it can be removed in a cinch.

Original...
OuIFFJe.jpg

Current
ifemhyy.jpg

Just need a swirly PRS signature to go over the top. Just saying for a friend.
Yeah...I kinda thought about it. There's a dude from the UK that makes water slide decals for a bunch of different brands, including PRS. It is possible, all one need do is put a thin poly coat over the vinyl. It would probably be frowned upon tho. I'd like to put something there, its kinda naked.

I think it looks great! I personally don't see an issue with adding a waterslide decal to an actual PRS after changing the headstock finish.

I agree. Headstocks without logos do look a little naked. Your cool truss rod cover and the PRS shape help dress it up though.

Yeah...I kinda thought about it. There's a dude from the UK that makes water slide decals for a bunch of different brands, including PRS. It is possible, all one need do is put a thin poly coat over the vinyl. It would probably be frowned upon tho. I'd like to put something there, its kinda naked.

Looking forward to your end result. If you keep it naked it looks great.

Back