SE HBii Piezo Bridge/Intonation question

Hotspur

So I'm loving my SE HBii - very very happy with it - but the action was a little high. Okay, no biggie, easy enough to drop the bridge a little.

So now I've got to check my intonation. And I honestly don't know what the standards are, what I should expect. But I've got two issues:

First, my g-string is still a tiny bit sharp at the 12th fret compared to the harmonic (not anything I can hear, but noticeable on my Polytune clip tuner, one row of pixels off, maybe two if I pluck hard) even with the saddle all the way back away from the pickups. Should I expect this? Or should I be able to get the intonation perfect?

The second problem is that my A-string saddle seems stuck. All of the other saddles I can easily move with the proper screwdriver, but even taking all the tension of the a-string, that saddle just doesn't want to move. Anybody have any ideas how to loosen it up?

In general with the came-on-it strings my saddles are WAY back, and that's fine. This is the first time I've ever really tried to tweak the intonation on a guitar and I'm not sure what's reasonable to expect.

Back