SE HB2 Piezo battery wire snapped.

Right on top of the battery compartment. Small piece of duct tape. I have to jump thru hoops to post pictures on this forum.

I'm going to take mine to a luthier and have them add some sort of relief and solder it up for me. But the tape works and it's been well over a year so I'm not in a rush.

Having the same issue and don’t know about soldering——where to place the wires on the battery clip
Did you get it soldered? Any electric repair shop could do that for you in 2 minutes.
My comments on mine here

I did. Another guitarist I play with has a soldering iron. Fixed it in 2 minutes. If we had more time that night, he had another idea. So when it happens again, which it will, he's going to add some relief and put little sleaves that will fit over the connectors so i can pull them off when changing the battery. The issue is how tight the battery is in the holder and how fragile the wires are.

I did. Another guitarist I play with has a soldering iron. Fixed it in 2 minutes. If we had more time that night, he had another idea. So when it happens again, which it will, he's going to add some relief and put little sleaves that will fit over the connectors so i can pull them off when changing the battery. The issue is how tight the battery is in the holder and how fragile the wires are.
Hey RD
Yeah, after reattaching my leads I wrapped then with some thin strips of elec tape to secure to the battery (similar idea) I also added a tiny wedge of black weatherstripping foam to the outside of the battery door living hinge. Its not visable, and props the hinge shut so I dont get the battery falling out again (eyeroll at PRS---you guys owe me for that)

Back