SE HB Standard Piezo vs SE HB II Piezo, what's the difference?

The wood material is different. The standard is all mahogany construction where the hbII is maple front and back with the rest mahogany. The bridge is also a tad different with brass saddles for the standard and piezo saddles for the hbII.

The wood material is different. The standard is all mahogany construction where the hbII is maple front and back with the rest mahogany. The bridge is also a tad different with brass saddles for the standard and piezo saddles for the hbII.
The SE Standard Piezo has the same saddles as the SE HB II Piezo.

Oh interesting, I didn't pick up the hog vs maple front and back. Anyone have both and notice the difference?

I have had both, and currently have the Hollowbody ll piezo, only because it has the piezo. The Piezo guitar has a more open sound, with stronger treble response. More modern, if you will. I got it to do musical theatre with. The standard has, to my ears, a warmer fuller sound with less treble response, but still with a really great top end. If the standard piezo had been available, I would have been very happy with that, even though it doesn’t come in blue. My luthier was impressed with both. I played a certain classic semi hollow from another brand for several years. Both hollow bodies are better, IMHO. You can play above the 12th fret in tune, and the low end is clearer. I did put locking tuners and locking bridge studs on the guitar. Other than that, bone stock.

I liked the sound of the mahogany, but the aesthetics of the flamed Peacock blue with the flamed maple binding totally did it for me. The binding goes up the neck and is really stunning, IMO. I almost went back and bought the mahogany guitar, too, but it wasn't the best use of available money and space.

I got the blue, couldnt believe the quality. I do gigs with a guy who copies everything I do and he picked up the brown. So that option was out. I like a backup for everything and since we do acoustic/electric gigs-black was the only option. It has more of a LPC vibe because of the white binding. I got a deal on it because of some minor quality issues so I play it the most, it also suits the full band project better. I was hoping a new color was in the not too distant future. An emerald green maybe. Heck, even a goldtop!

I was hoping a new color was in the not too distant future. An emerald green maybe. Heck, even a goldtop!
I can personally confirm, an Emerald HB is pretty sweet :cool:

Core-HB-Front-Back.jpg

Back