SE HB II Piezo - Adjusting piezo volume?

RiserGrease

Proud new owner of an SE HB II Piezo (Peacock Blue) here and I'm trying to find info on how to adjust the piezo volume for this model. The PRS site says to look for "white screws, accessible through the battery compartment" but I'm not seeing any screws in there. I even tried partially removing the entire jack plate. (I say "partially" because I started feeling a little resistance as I pulled and I don't want to ruin any solder connections.)

As of now, the piezo is pushing a much louder/hotter signal than the magnetics. Rolling back the volume solves that issue BUT introduces a new issue of "thinning" out the tone and killing the warmth.

I play mostly with magnetics and occasionally use the piezo for songs that require it. I'm going through a Quilter amp (either a MicroBlock 45 or the TB202) and the tone distorts when the piezo knob is dimed and the magnetics are off.

If there's a way to adjust the piezo volume that would be great. If not, I could use some suggestions on how to solve the issue without adding a second amp or separately piping into a PA.

Thanks!

I remember Shawn posting a picture of the Piezo board showing the little plastic trim pot, but can't find it right now...

The SE Piezo model doesn't have the 6 little screws to adjust the individual string volume. There's only one trim pot on the SE Piezo board which is accessible by pulling out the jack/battery assembly. If you feel resistance, just try to wiggle it around a little. There's a enough extra wire in there to allow pulling it out to access the pot.

The SE Piezo model doesn't have the 6 little screws to adjust the individual string volume. There's only one trim pot on the SE Piezo board which is accessible by pulling out the jack/battery assembly. If you feel resistance, just try to wiggle it around a little. There's a enough extra wire in there to allow pulling it out to access the pot.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot!
Need to find a pic so I know what to look for on the board...

It worked! I had to dial it back more than a quarter turn but now I've got something that approximates unity. Thanks again!

Back