SE Goldtop - do they still make this

Capt pearl

Hey, new to the Forum it longtime TDPRI member. I've always played Fenders (just bc I fell into good deals). Am very interested in the SE Goldtop, prolly bc of some guy named David, heh. Just in surfing around I see the descriptions, but not finding anything available are they still in production?
Thx all!

If you're talking about the SE 245 there's one on Reverb. Or how about a SE Santana SC?
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/se_santana_singlecut_trem_2020

Welcome!
My original plan was a budget SE DGT w dual concentric volumes for blending the pups and a tremolo. I need to see if I can test drive a few examples. Poor me, right?!?
Thx!
There were some nice SE Custom 24 gold tops with bound ebony fretboards a few years ago if I recall correctly.
There were some nice SE Custom 24 gold tops with bound ebony fretboards a few years ago if I recall correctly.

Jcolmn was right. There was SE Custom 24 inGold finish (all gold, top and back) made in the year 2014, a few years before Paul's signature became screened on SE headstocks. There's also SE 245 Gold finish too.
I guess these gold SEs were made in a limited run and were sold through some selected dealers worldwide.

And currently PRS is offering SE Santana Singlecut Trem which is only availble in Egyptian Gold color, without body binding, as the only color option. I don't see any other SEs come in gold color these days though.

The said '14 SE CU24 gold looks like this:
imgrc0068231562.jpg

Next one is SE 245, made in the same year.
j9vgjzn0qw8uazqfihht.jpg

And the current and only model offered in gold (Egyptian Gold), SE Santana Singlecut Trem.
se_santana_singlecut_trem_straight.png

Last edited:
Jcolmn was right. There was SE Custom 24 inGold Top made in the year 2014, a few ywars before Paul's signature became screened on SE headstocks. There's also SE 245 Gold Top too.
I guess these gold SEs were made in a limited run and were sold through some selected dealers worldwide.

And currently PRS is offering SE Santana Singlecut Trem which is only availble in Egyptian Gold color, without body binding, as the only color option. I don't see any other SEs come in gold color these days though.

The said '14 SE CU24 gold top looks like this:
imgrc0068231562.jpg

Next one is SE 245, made in the same year.
j9vgjzn0qw8uazqfihht.jpg

And the current and only model offered in gold (Egyptian Gold), SE Santana Singlecut Trem.
I've seen it in person. I think the color tone of this Egyptian Gold looks 'paler' than those discontinued Gold Top.
se_santana_singlecut_trem_straight.png
There was a Bernie Marsden sig SE in Gold also (ltd Run)

Back