SE EG Project - Blackie

Haha pulled them out of a McCarty NF? WTF indeed! I feel like buying a PRS with narrowfields is pretty much buying the guitar FOR the narrowfields. But it worked out well for you! I can't blame you for buying them without really knowing what to do with them, that's one of those things you just have to jump on - now you have one of the most unique axes around!
Agree, I was in the market for a NF3 purely because of the narrowfields, but then this guy offered these to me (I've known he's had them for over a year, always said I'd take them off his hands...). Unique - yeah I guess it is, thanks!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;25168 said:
That is very cool.

You, Sir, are a PRS "owner"!
Thanks Hans, although I must admit I missed the "owner" thread and what it was about! (was it BaM or here...?)

Hey justmund, fantastic job. That guitar looks superb. I'm a noob, and I just got a SE EG today. I traded it for a putter and was thinking of changing the bridge pickup to a hummy. What would you or anyone else here recommend? We have a CNC router here and I plan on cutting my own pickguard as well. I have several strats and a couple of teles, so I want a different sound all together. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Franko

that´s very cool!! i want to follow your steps and do the same with my PRS!
can you give the archives with the shape of your old pickguard?? i don´t have any to copy, like you did.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

No problems I can send you both the file if that helps? To be honest I'm not 100% happy with the file and how the screw holes lined up, it was "good enough" but not perfect.

Let me play with the drawing some more and when it's ready I'll get your email addresses and send the file through.

Franko - if you stick with the 5x/xx series of pickups you can't go wrong!

No problems I can send you both the file if that helps? To be honest I'm not 100% happy with the file and how the screw holes lined up, it was "good enough" but not perfect.

Let me play with the drawing some more and when it's ready I'll get your email addresses and send the file through.

Franko - if you stick with the 5x/xx series of pickups you can't go wrong!

wow!! that would be great!!
but maibe you can send me the original file, and i ´ll try to fix it right.
my prs has two humbuckers, so i´ll have to do some work.. so it´s ok if you send me the one you have.
mi email is: [email protected]

THANX A LOT!!

Back