Se eg players ???

horax

Anybody have one of these or played one?
I’m wanting a strat, but these intrigue men I can get one for about 400 with trem, but I’ve never held one. Worth it?
What can I expect from it?

Yeah, I think they’re worth it.

I bought mine to fill the hole in my life after trading my DC3 away (sigh), and found it to give me just enough “strat” for my needs but wrapped up in a PRS package.

The familiar W/F neck profile, the trem bridge that doesn’t tear up my palm, and the comfortable but flat PRS body profile that I’m used to... great guitar. I’ve even resisted the urge to start modifying it.

yPbp0TM.jpg

Scored mine for around $300 and it’s totally worth twice as much or more.

I found mine a good bit cheaper but $400 is a normal price and they are worth it. I already had a MIM Strat, but I still wanted a PRS version. Comparing the two, the EG is easier to play and they do sound similar. I found the stoptail version.
PRS-EG-SE-SSS.jpg

Hmmm....I've never had one.....

WHAT!!!??? Wait...YOU never had one. Are you sure?...dude?...how does that even happen? Hell even I had one...for like three days! Yup, but it was blue...and like Sergio...the Ginger Goddess was appauled...so that one was sacrificed to the SS gods along with my dignity:oops:...she made me beg and cry a little...okay alot ...but the blue SE EG was how I finally broke her.

This GAS game is brutal....but it's chess not checkers boys. ;)

To answer the OP for the short time owned it...it played better than a F-Strat I had. Very well put together, comfy neck and body and it sounded like a single coil just a bit different...but in a good way.

WHAT!!!??? Wait...YOU never had one. Are you sure?...dude?...how does that even happen? Hell even I had one...for like three days! Yup, but it was blue...and like Sergio...the Ginger Goddess was appauled...so that one was sacrificed to the SS gods along with my dignity:oops:...she made me beg and cry a little...okay alot ...but the blue SE EG was how I finally broke her.

This GAS game is brutal....but it's chess not checkers boys. ;)

Well, technically, I have an EG Prototype, but it's a totally different recipe. Set neck, and hog.

I heard that the SE EG Hard Tail version is the preferred one as there can be some intonation issues on the trem ones -- might be string gage restrictions on length of saddle adjustments. I had a Strat-Like-Object that was that way -- 9s worked fine but 10s could not intonate the low E string. I have not owned an SE EG but that's what I heard.

There are some good youtube demos of these guitars.

Well, technically, I have an EG Prototype, but it's a totally different recipe. Set neck, and hog.

SE EG’s are set neck and mahogany, your prototype actually has more in common with them than the core version.

I heard that the SE EG Hard Tail version is the preferred one as there can be some intonation issues on the trem ones -- might be string gage restrictions on length of saddle adjustments. I had a Strat-Like-Object that was that way -- 9s worked fine but 10s could not intonate the low E string. I have not owned an SE EG but that's what I heard.

Nah, the trem version intonates perfectly.

Back