SE custom 24 vs SE Zach Myers

Your issue with fretting a note and going sharp is because of the 9s on there from the factory. Put on 10s, should eliminate/minimize the issue.

As for tuning stability, if you still have issues after putting on 10s I would look at lubricating the nut, and see if the springs for the trem are somehow not set up properly.

I've got only one SE that has a trem, and I bought it used, and it works just fine; so I can't really offer much advice beyond that.

Your issue with fretting a note and going sharp is because of the 9s on there from the factory. Put on 10s, should eliminate/minimize the issue.

As for tuning stability, if you still have issues after putting on 10s I would look at lubricating the nut, and see if the springs for the trem are somehow not set up properly.

I've got only one SE that has a trem, and I bought it used, and it works just fine; so I can't really offer much advice beyond that.
Thanks for the info, I figured that a new set of strings and setup might address the issues. I just thought someone had similar issues and had some ideas, thanks again.

The more that I play the guitar, I am also noticing a tinny sound coming from the trem on about the 9th fret up. It sounds like the string vibrating against the saddle. I am going to get me a set of 10s on it and tune it up and see where I sit since it still has the factory set on it.
I am sincerely hoping I don't end up sending it back to PTC. I don't trust "guitar center" to do a proper set up or adjustment on it either.

Back