SE Custom 24 Spalted Maple Wiring Diagram

Chrism570

Hi everyone,

very new to PRS and all things guitar mods……

I’m installing new pickups and pots in my PRS SE custom 24 Spalted Maple.

I’ve got two CTS pots and a paper in oil cap for the tone pot and don’t intend to use any coil tap/push/pull facility as it isn’t a tone I’m interested in.

can anyone recommend a good wiring diagram that covers both pickups (4 conductor wiring), 1 volume pot, 1 tone and the three way blade switch (it has 8 lugs)?

I’m happy with the pickups and pots having done this on a Les Paul in the past, but the switch seems overly complicated and not clear which lugs represent each switch function?

I’ve looked extensively for wiring diagrams but most seem to push towards a complex coil splitting arrangement that I don’t Need.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

When I did a similar re-wire I just googled "2 humbuckers, 1 tone, 1 volume, 3 way blade switch diagram" and was rewarded with many diagrams to choose from. Also, I'd replace the SE switch if you weren't already planning on it. I think I used an Oak Grigsby brand switch...much beefier than the SE switch.

When I did a similar re-wire I just googled "2 humbuckers, 1 tone, 1 volume, 3 way blade switch diagram" and was rewarded with many diagrams to choose from. Also, I'd replace the SE switch if you weren't already planning on it. I think I used an Oak Grigsby brand switch...much beefier than the SE switch.

thats great thanks! I want to replace the switch, it looks a bit crap and overly complicated…..8 lugs seems unnecessary.

Just looked up Oak Grigsby, are they generally universal? Most appear to be for tele’s?

I used an Oak Grigsby in an SE custom 24 and it fit. Take note of the spacing dimensions to be sure of the fit. Should be available wherever you buy from. There are other brands such as Switchcraft which make decent switches.

Back