SE Custom 24 - Help setting up saddles

godoy.rafa

Guys, I`ve recently replaced my saddles for Graphtech ones, and I am having trouble to adjust the saddles...
The 12th fret pressed note is always higher than open string, and for low E, the saddle is already at maximum (spring compressed) and still 12th fret pressed note is higher than open string.
This also happened with original saddles.

Am I doing something wrong???

I suggest you to check it out with a pro. My name is Alexandre and I am also from Brazil and I could see if I know some one in your area. What city are you living?

Hey! I live in Rio. I know some luthiers, perhaps I'll take the guitar there Saturday...
Anyway, do you have any idea of what it might be?

first of all I would do the whole set up thing. in this order: tune, truss rod, check the height of the nut, height of the bridge and intonation. I suggest you to use a new set of strings and check the height of the pick ups. some times the guitar can sound weird because the pick ups are too close to the strings.
When I do my set up I like to use the only the neck pick up and hit the strings soft and with my thumb. to me, it gives more accuracy, but that's a matter of taste, I guess.
After all that, I would suggest you to take to a good tech and you can find some in Rio for sure.

I'll do that. If it doesn't work, I'll take it to the tech.
I like doing most of the things myself...

Obrigado!

Back