SE Custom 24 Floyd

francric

Never owned a floyd guitar but am thinking about getting one. I'm sure some of you have either had or own a 24 SE Floyd. Mainly was thinking SE to not spend a lot in case I don't get along with it. Of course if I do dig it, then maybe modding it to bring out the beast, if thats even necessary. What are you opinions about the SE 24 floyd? What mods would you do or recommend? Thanks!

I owned one guitar (non-PRS) that was equipped with a Floyd tremolo. Personally, I was not a fan. It was a pain to get set, a pain to change strings, just annoying in general. I'm sure if I had stuck it out, it would've gotten easier but it was just too much trouble for me. That being said, I've played a couple of them in some local music stores and they are exactly what you expect from a PRS. Just be prepared for the challenge that the Floyd brings.

Changing strings on a Floyd can be a pain but they work very well. I will admit that I would love love a cu24 Floyd but the prs trem is slick so I'm happy with what I have for now.

Back