SE Colors

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Been very jealous of the UK, they have gotten some absolutely beautiful limited edition color SEs (Santana, 245, SECU24).

Recently I noticed the Cherry Sunburst migrated from the SE245 Soapbar to the SE245 on the web site, and is starting to show up under "coming soon" sections.

And we've added Grey Black to the SECU24, but some web sites list Vintage Burst and Black Cherry as additional colors (not pictured on the PRS site) AND I've seen Purple.

Is there an official "global" guide to all currently available SE colors, and who's selling them, and whether they are limited, store exclusive, etc.?

I love my SECU24, but if given the choice, I felt Tobacco was the lesser of two evils; I felt the blue was too dark to bring out the top. I would have chosen Vintage Burst or Purple any day of the week.

I'd like to know this too. Looks like MF is getting a couple of colors unique to them only. At least at this point it seems to be. But their expected dates of some of the other colors is like July, which seems a long ways away (it is).

Yeah, I find the Tobacco or Blue choices a bit of a bummer too. I can't get psyched over either...... Sparkled on the other hand? YES.

Yeah, the purple one is available in the UK as a limited edition. There's been more than a few Americans who'd like to see that colour available there.

Although I like Blue guitars, I have to agree with Sergio. Not keen on the Whale blue colour that some SE's sport. Now... A faded Blue Jean SE.....!!!

When does the SE Custom 24 7 string come out? MF has it listed as July. I know this is a new model for 2013, but that's over a half a year into the new year. Also seems to come in only 2 colors, at least a different shade of blue, "royal" which looks pretty dark, and the vintage sunburst that I like better than the tobacco sunburst.

Wondering if someone official from PRS might be able to jump in here, lots of good questions.

Definitely more color options the better. Tried to special order several different purple guitars. They were all gone though.

Maybe musicians friend will get some special colors for the 7 string.

CantankerousCarl

Where did you see a purple se custom 25? I looked everywhere I could think of and came up short. Not that I would want to trade in the one I have. Just be nice to know where color options are available.

I would love to see an se with green other than Allender and Santana, preferably the se Tremonti custom

I'd love to get a SE Custom 24 7 string & the SE Tremonti Custom both in a flame-top green color...

I'm a big fan of green as well. Would love to see something like Carvins emerald or the moss green.

Back