SE Clint Lowery

Jay Xander B

G.A.S Victim
Woo my first thread!

Anyone else as stoked for this SE as I am? got my pre-order down so i get the first one in the U.K in Feb!
Cannot Wait!:p

It's on my "wait and see" list, I'll have to wait and hear reviews. Looks pretty though. I look forward to your impressions when you get it!

Honestly, the Clint Lowery was one of my favorite new models at Experience. It feels just right in all aspects and looks only different enough to tell its not a traditional PRS.

Were the specs all correct as listed on the website though? Mahogany only with a wide-fat neck profile?

as of yet i do not know though on the specs it says birds whereas in the picture theyre...not XD

http://prsguitars.com/seclintlowery/specs.php

front.jpg

I prefer wide/thin, as I like that better.
But...I have never tried drop tuning, so can this guitar be played in standard tuning?

OK, after looking more at the specs, that string gauge would feel like telephone pole wires to me, as I have played 9-42s all my life.
This probably would not be the ideal guitar for me.

It is nice looking though.

I'm almost 99% positive its a wide-thin - I'll double check and report back.

If it's wide-thin, then it moves back onto my list. If not...eh, I'll probably pass.

As for the 11's...I don't play crazy low tunings, so I'd probably change it to my trusty 10's. Thanks to the adjustable stoptail, that'd be easy though. Don't let that turn you off Corey T, I'm sure your guy could make it play beautifully with 9's in standard tuning!

http://prsguitars.com/seclintlowery/specs.php

front.jpg

I prefer wide/thin, as I like that better.
But...I have never tried drop tuning, so can this guitar be played in standard tuning?

OK, after looking more at the specs, that string gauge would feel like telephone pole wires to me, as I have played 9-42s all my life.
This probably would not be the ideal guitar for me.

It is nice looking though.

It comes with 11 guage strings because its factory tuned to B. If you were to have it set up in standard, your tech would obviously adjust the string guage to compensate and use 9s or 10s depending on your preference.

Thanks SOP and Mike.
How about the nut though, is it slotted for the bigger strings, or would the 9-42 work just fine with that nut?

After I get my Tremonti, I have one more position on my wall to fill as I have six of the hangers up there now :D

So yeah - looks like the CL is wide-fat. Sorry! I could have sworn it was wide-thin.

Hi All - first post in fact. Thought I'd chime in.

I dont mind the inlays myself, and they look ok in the pictures with Clint playing the guitar at experience. Personally, I am pretty excited by the feature set offered by the instrument which is a unique combo imo (WF, 25.5, 24 fret etc) and the look generally. Just wish it was USA built.... but I digress, I am still nearly 100% to pick one up tho!

I am also really looking forward to some reviews/utoob clips of this badboy in action!

The wide/fat neck on my Santana is nice, but the wide/thin neck on my Custom 24 is double the nice.

Scratch this one my list.

Yeah, agreed. I didn't mind the wide-fat neck on my original SE Tremonti, but once I got my Torero I never looked back. Now that I've got the SE Tremonti Custom with the wide-thin...I don't think I'll get another wide-fat neck.

Still, I never say never.

I'm interested in it, mostly cause I like Clint a lot. I am curious of the 25.5" scale neck in mahogany neck/mahogany body.

I'm almost positive I will be picking one of these up as Sevendust is my favorite band. I already have a John Connolly (their other guitarist) custom Epi Les Paul. It is set up with 13s and tuned DAFCDC. Have a feeling I will tune the CL to this tuning and drop the Epi down another half step.

Last edited:
I was just looking at the strings that it comes with and I can't find any sets of strings with all 6 strings being the same size.

Back