SE Chris Robertson sold out everywhere ...

Hotspur

So I was hoping to go play one of these (I'm in LA, so lots of dealers) to decide if I liked it more than the Zach Myers. No go.

Is this a common thing with a new SE? Anybody have any clue as to how long it takes for them to restock everyone when this happens?

Not with every one, but last year it was near impossible to find a green Zach Myers. Looks line the CR it's going to be another popular model.

I generally contact dealers and they have a general idea on when another batch may arrive. However, PRS doesn't just stamp these out, so they take a while and batches tend to be small.

The model seems very popular so I guess its not super surprising that they are difficult to try out. Maybe have a shop owner call you the moment the next one arrives? I was surprised to see a couple of them on the Verb...

You've just made my life more difficult. I really want to hold one before I buy - I THINK it's what I want but I don't know. Currently working my way through Southern California dealers to see what I can find, but who knows, in a week I may feel up to taking the leap. :)

All I hear is good things about the CR. Now tell me Phil Jacoby fixes your guitars, Jim! And remember, Hotspur, feed the fever!

Last edited:
Any advice on how to get stuff done while working from home on a day when a guitar is supposed to be delivered? Asking for a friend.

Back