SE C24 truss rod

Jon van derlim

Had my SE C24 nearly two years now, never had an issue but whilst cleaning recently noticed my neck has very little relief, looking at the truss rod I notice that the nut is away from the top of the nut cavity, I am not looking to make any adjustments, just curious really is this normal, assuming the truss rod is adjustable in both directions to give more or less relief as required?

Merry Christmas

:)

just guessing without pics...but pretty sure what you are describing is the normal position of PRS truss rod nuts...both Core and SE. You can see a small section of the actual threaded truss rod coming from under the end of the fingerboard, and the nut is attached permanently at the end. I have had all good luck adjusting PRS necks in either direction, with the exception of one, where I am pretty sure a previous owner had over-tightened, and damaged the rod. I have always adjusted with the strings at standard tuning, without a problem. Just remember...SMALL adjustments at a time...1/6 turn at a time, tune and recheck the neck curve...Hope this helps.

Sorry I have been away for some time, I will take a pic later and upload but I think from what you describe its ok.

Many thanks

Jon

Back