SE Bernie vs. 245

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Asked this question in another thread, but not much so far...anyone have both a Bernie and SE 245? How different are they, and is there enough different in sound to "justify" owning both.

I have a scarlet red SE245, enjoy the thick sound, but must admit that the Bernie is a real looker...I am having lust, but if it's 99% cosmetic, then it's probably not worth the cash to either trade in or outright buy another...

Thoughts?

I have a Bernie, but not a SE245. I don't know what the differences are in weight...weight/body dimension is probably the only REAL difference though, right? I mean except for the colntrol layout and tuners....So I would say yes...you can definitely jsutify both... :ugeek:

The neck feels different. The 245 is a nice guitar but i'd coose the Bernie over the 245 everytime just on the neck alone.

Other than that... It's a Bernie.... Everybody needs a Bernie, right?

With all this Bernie talk, I might need one too. Great vid BTW thanks, think it's pushing me over the fence about getting one...

i own both the bernie and a se245...the bernie is a great guitar..i changed the nut..installed a set of gibson burstbucker pros in it,woke the guitar up..also added 047 caps..the stock pickups g&b are subpar.... i also changed the pickups in the 245 to toneriders big improvement....the 245 has a great flametop in the new tortishell.any way there both great guitars...been a player for 40+years...

Sorry to Necrobump this thread, but I can't seem to find the exact answer anywhere. Is there a difference in the body thickness between the Bernie and the 245? I know the difference of cosmetics, control layout, and neck carve but this eludes me.

Yes The Bernie is LP thick. The 245 is PRS thick. I don't know if the difference is 1/8 inch or what, but they are thicker.

Back