se angelus bridge pins

packy

Has anyone changed bridge pins on their se angelus? If so - what fits? Thanks for any info.

I did the Power Pins thing. Makes string changes real easy, and didn't change the sound much.

According to PRS customer service the bridge pins are 5mm in width at the top of the taper just below the button.

Yes I also tried to change them and found that standard pins are too fat a diameter. Still searching for suitable rep[lacement pins.

Assuming these are non-standard pins can't you just get a pin reamer (available at Stewmac and by a Google search) and and make the holes a standard size and or taper?

Are the bridge pins on the Tonare T60 also 5mm? The damn things are nearly impossible to remove. I can't find a "remover" that will fit under the ball of the pin.

I should probably look into this. The stock bridge pins in my A50EVS always get stuck in the holes. PITA...

Everything else about the guitar is great - I don't know why this one thing is so stupid.

I should probably look into this. The stock bridge pins in my A50EVS always get stuck in the holes. PITA...

Everything else about the guitar is great - I don't know why this one thing is so stupid.

They did it just to piss you off, no doubt! :p

Reactions: Roy
Has anybody tried swapping out the SE plastic bridge pins for ebony or Tusq? I was curious if it was successful and if so what modifications had to be made. And of course if there was a difference in the tone.

I had located some ebony/abalone for my former Yamaha AC3R somewhere, but I don't recall where I found them...will need to dig into my receipts from a couple years back to locate them. I'll need an hour or so...my A60E has white plastic /black dot...not sure ivory can be sold anymore, but TUSQ/abalone might work...

I believe the angle is correct. My guess is you would have to ream the holes to get those pins in?

I believe the angle is correct. My guess is you would have to ream the holes to get those pins in?

One might need to put a tapered round file into the bridge pin holes, and remove some material, very lightly. I'd ask PTC first, or try inserting the new bridge pins in, in case they'll fit correctly without any material removal.

The workaround solution is to reach inside the sound hole and push up from the underside of the pin. No damage to the pin! Simple, easy!

Back