SE ANGELUS BATTERY CHANGE?

beas

I Don't Re-Member
Received an SE A15al Alex Lifeson Thinline yesterday, It is new to me on a customer return. For the price, it is a great guitar. The manufacture date on it is 12/2014. I suspect that it is one of the first off the line. Unfortunately, the battery appears to be dead. Tone and volume controls are ineffective. I can get sound through an amp, but not my PA. Well, there is sound, but it is unpleasant.

Can someone give me a quick run-through on how to change the battery that appears to be in a compartment accessed through the soundhole and may be velcroed near the area where the neck meets the body? I just don't want to screw it up. I can't find anything on the PRS support pages. Thanks in advance...

Sean from Customer Support supplied the following answer:

The battery pack is located thru the soundhole at the top front of the body against the back of the neck.To change the battery loosen the stings and pull the battery pack from the velcro, the battery pack will come up towards the soundhole for easy replacement. If you are getting no signal this is the first place to look.

Sean

This helped me figure this out and the battery switch was successful. I hope this helps a few other PRS owners out. Many thanks to Sean!

Thanks, guys! Love the V-picks, by the way.

Thanks this saved me alot of heart ache. I almost sent it off for repair. May be prs should make customers aware of the location of the battery.

Thanks this saved me alot of heart ache. I almost sent it off for repair. May be prs should make customers aware of the location of the battery.
PRS does seem to be, uh, "minimal" when it comes to instruction manuals.

However, in their defense with this particular situation, that is the expected location to find a battery on an acoustic guitar with no obvious battery compartment on the upper bout or near the bottom strap pin.

I do really prefer battery compartments on the outside of the body, though, like on my SE Angelus Custom (the original model with battery and controls on upper bout). It makes mid-gig swaps much faster/easier. I once had my battery die mid-song (another guitarist in band plus other instruments), and I had a new one in there before the start of the next song.

And yes, I now mark the install dates on my batteries and check them so I can swap them at regular intervals to avoid such incidents. Reminds me, I need to do my battery sweep this weekend...

Went to the open house at Brians Guitars and picked up a used Alex Lifeson model. Very nice in perfect condition.

Nice! I also got my Lifeson from Brian, also used. Also in perfect condition.

Sean from Customer Support supplied the following answer:

The battery pack is located thru the soundhole at the top front of the body against the back of the neck.To change the battery loosen the stings and pull the battery pack from the velcro, the battery pack will come up towards the soundhole for easy replacement. If you are getting no signal this is the first place to look.

Sean

This helped me figure this out and the battery switch was successful. I hope this helps a few other PRS owners out. Many thanks to Sean!

Thanks Sean...Alex

Does it use a standard 9V battery? I heard 18v out of PRS himself in an interview, but wasn't sure if that was for a USA made only... Thought it might still use 2 - 9V together.

Back