SE 594!!!!!!!

I got the Lake Blue one! I contacted my Sweetwater rep the day they were announced and he put in an order. Blue was the first one in asked if I wanted it and I wasn’t sure I’d get along with the pattern vintage neck but this one feels like it’s a keeper. The downside is now that I know I can get along with the neck it’s only a matter of time before the right core comes along with an Ebony board and smoked black hardware that I won’t be able to say no to lol.
Cool! What finish did you get? Dying for the call from Sweetwater.

I got the Lake Blue one! I contacted my Sweetwater rep the day they were announced and he put in an order. Blue was the first one in asked if I wanted it and I wasn’t sure I’d get along with the pattern vintage neck but this one feels like it’s a keeper. The downside is now that I know I can get along with the neck it’s only a matter of time before the right core comes along with an Ebony board and smoked black hardware that I won’t be able to say no to lol.
Yeah, SE is a gateway guitar. Now we move up to S2. Soon, full blown custom builds LOL! Such a slippery slope.

Yeah, SE is a gateway guitar. Now we move up to S2. Soon, full blown custom builds LOL! Such a slippery slope.
Yea I really want to put in an order for a private stock thinline 594 but modding my current thinline to core electronics first to see how it sounds and feels before I make that kinda jump. I just enjoy the way my forearm feels better on the s2 top carve compared to the lip on the cores.

I got my first ever PRS almost 2 months ago. It's a McCarty SE 594 in Black Gold Burst. I have a couple of Gibson LP's along with a really special Fender AO '50's Tele. This was my first excursion into the PRT world. For under a grand, I am blown away by the quality. I find I'm reaching for the McCarty more and more as I get comfortable with it. I'll probably pick up a DGT SE once the demand settles down. I've had my share of MIM Fenders and Asian Epi's but this SE is really a substantial step above. I'll get flack for saying this but I hadn't really bothered to look at PRS until I read and heard all the noise about these SE's. I am sure the S2 is a genuine step up but right now, these SE's are remarkably satisfying.

I got my first ever PRS almost 2 months ago. It's a McCarty SE 594 in Black Gold Burst. I have a couple of Gibson LP's along with a really special Fender AO '50's Tele. This was my first excursion into the PRT world. For under a grand, I am blown away by the quality. I find I'm reaching for the McCarty more and more as I get comfortable with it. I'll probably pick up a DGT SE once the demand settles down. I've had my share of MIM Fenders and Asian Epi's but this SE is really a substantial step above. I'll get flack for saying this but I hadn't really bothered to look at PRS until I read and heard all the noise about these SE's. I am sure the S2 is a genuine step up but right now, these SE's are remarkably satisfying.
I couldn’t agree with you more. I own a few core PRS’s that are all great guitars, but my Santana SE gets just as much play time. It’s an extraordinary guitar for the money. A core Santana is next

Last edited:
I own 2 S2's, Custom 22, and a 22 HB(single F hole). both had SE(G&B, gone within the 1st week of ownership) pickups. I also own 4 SE's, a Zack Meyers(greeny mint color), a mid 2000s Santana, a SE Custom 22 HB in whale blue, and a Singlecut in transparent black. I also had a Singlecut with P90s from the early 2000s.
The S2 quality is not that better if at all, but then again, I'm an advanced hobbyist luthier and can fix most of what I don't like.
For example the SEs and S2s both have nuts that need the corners taken down. I use a radius block with 400 grit to shape it to the neck and polish it up afterwards.
These are 2 of my SE's. I put BKP HBP90 Nantucket's with distressed covers in the Zack. The pickups in the HB have been change twice and the picture doesn't reflect the BKP Mules minus the Peter green flip. My mistake was not knowing the Peter green flip require flipping magnets to create an out of phase. OOOPS. gaining knowledge at the expense of ignorance!

LKlt2j6.jpg
eCGmbP4.jpg

Back