SE 594!!!!!!!

I definitely have to hand it to PRS with the introduction of the SE 594, but I think I'd still spring for an S2 594, even if used, over the SE.
The new S2 anniversary 594 has me heading out to a guitar center to try a pattern vintage neck again and see if I can get over my issues with it lol.

I love my cores but now I can buy some SE’s and mod them and play them live without worry!!! I’m so excited. Who’s with

I’m all about modding guitars and even using them as fashion accessories but, if you’re not always taking your favorite/best guitar outta the house, or playing it.. what’s the point?

I’ve never found true satisfaction in the SE’s I have that are essentially duplicates of the Cores I have. My favorite SE’s seem to be guitars without a Core counterpart.

My favorite SE’s seem to be guitars without a Core counterpart.
I'd agree with this..Same goes for S2. I prefer models that aren't available in core. Like the Vela. I'm all about being patient and waiting for core at a fair price, even if it has some bumps and bruises it's worth the trade off.

I used to be a big SE advocate but once I got my first core Cu24 I was hooked.

I'd agree with this..Same goes for S2. I prefer models that aren't available in core. Like the Vela. I'm all about being patient and waiting for core at a fair price, even if it has some bumps and bruises it's worth the trade off.

I used to be a big SE advocate but once I got my first core Cu24 I was hooked.
yup. I’m obsessed with my S2 thinlines if they ever made a core version I don’t think I could resist although if I could find an S2 thin with an Ebony board I’d be set.

yup. I’m obsessed with my S2 thinlines if they ever made a core version I don’t think I could resist although if I could find an S2 thin with an Ebony board I’d be set.
That's another good pick that's on the short list for my next guitar. Once I convince myself to unload my SG the thinline is mine..

I’ve never found true satisfaction in the SE’s I have that are essentially duplicates of the Cores I have. My favorite SE’s seem to be guitars without a Core counterpart.
I'd guess that's because, there is no comparison in which they come up lacking in an area or three, so you have to view it all on it's own merit, rather than as the red headed, freckle faced step child of something better.

Do you agree?

I have a friend that has an OLD Les Paul Junior. One of those single P90 in the bridge, solid mahogany body guitars. Years ago, it wasn't worth $250 when he bought it. He loves it! Takes it everywhere, took it to gigs and used it on a few songs for years, would never sell it. I've played it a few times. It's nothing special to look at, plays OK, does sound cool... it's one of those things that he just got attached too, so he loves it. An outsider playing it would go "yeah, that's cool" but think nothing more about it.

I’m all about modding guitars and even using them as fashion accessories but, if you’re not always taking your favorite/best guitar outta the house, or playing it.. what’s the point?

Oh I play my best guitars at home all the time. Im def not one to leave them just sitting around unused. I mostly record with them. But for live use, something less valuable, that still sounds great, is just a better idea. And if it’s a live venue that I know the guitar will be fairly safe, I’ll take my nicer ones. But if there’s a chance it will be sitting fairly unattended on a flat bed trailer/stage…. Yeah not taking the nice ones to that gig.

And that sounds like I still play live a lot. I really don’t at the moment. But used too. And that’s always how I’ve looked at my guitars. If I was playing music as my main source of income, I would more than likely take the better guitars most of the time. Anyway just my .02.

4 out of 6 of my PRS guitars are SE's and all but the SE Silver Sky have had a pickup swap.

That’s seems to be about when PRS really upped their SE pickup game. I too have an SE SS and love the pickups. I also have a SE Paul’s, that I bought because I have a set of pickups that need a guitar. Well they still need a guitar. I really like the SE Paul’s pickups a lot. And the demos of the SE DGT sound really good too.

Oh and I got a tracking number today. :) come one Tuesday. :)

Funny, I have found the same thing. Unfortunately, of the SE's I've had, only my MH SVN is the one I'm keeping.

That’s seems to be about when PRS really upped their SE pickup game. I too have an SE SS and love the pickups. I also have a SE Paul’s, that I bought because I have a set of pickups that need a guitar. Well they still need a guitar. I really like the SE Paul’s pickups a lot. And the demos of the SE DGT sound really good too.

Oh and I got a tracking number today. :) come one Tuesday. :)
The demos of SE DGT really do sound good. Especially the one John Bollinger and Premier Guitar did. Loved the single coil tones when he split the humbucker. Maybe the best I've heard. Can't wait to check one out for myself.

Last edited:
Back