SE 245 vs SE 245 Standard

To clear something up, the fixed bridge IS adjustable, just not for each string. Two set screws - one on each end - allow intonation adjustments. IMHO, that bridge is one of PRS’s most brilliant designs and stays in tune flawlessly. It’s one less thing I have to worry about because it just works. After years of gigging my 245, it never let me down. Even in completely stock configuration, it was sick! Yes, I swapped the pickups a while back to fit my needs but the SE 245/Santana pickups and electronics sounded and functioned beautifully. The pots and harness are still in there today. No, I don’t have a standard in this model (mostly because I have all-hog guitars coming out of my ears around here) but would imagine the experience would be similar.
No Boogie comment on an SE245 thread would be complete without a video clip of my 245 misbehaving in my dining room with an old Boogie MkIII at gig volume.

se245pup2.jpg

I love some SE 245 action!

And remember folks “Free Tibet with every gallon of gasoline!”

Obligatory gift guitar shot coming right up!

Got my curiosity going so looking deeper into this, it looks like there are two different bridges out there for these guitars, maybe a change for the 2020 models? Mine is fully adjustable, I took a pic but the website is not letting me upload it or post a link yet, I'm too new on the forum yet I think. Take a look at some of the pics of the 2020 models on some of the online guitar stores, you'll see it.

This SE 245 Standard is easily the best guitar I have ever owned. Highly recommend!

Got my curiosity going so looking deeper into this, it looks like there are two different bridges out there for these guitars, maybe a change for the 2020 models? Mine is fully adjustable, I took a pic but the website is not letting me upload it or post a link yet, I'm too new on the forum yet I think. Take a look at some of the pics of the 2020 models on some of the online guitar stores, you'll see it.

This SE 245 Standard is easily the best guitar I have ever owned. Highly recommend!

Same here

If you get either one, basically expect to learn to like Alpha pots with linear taper, or invest in CTS w/Audio taper ...
This is the first I’ve seen of this. I just took my SE apart and found the linear Alpha volume pot (though logarithmic tone.) I was surprised to say the least! It’s really supposed to come this way?

Ok. After thinking about this since March of 2020, I just bought a standard 24 in natural. When I get the pics figured out, I will post in one of the pic threads.

Back