SE 20 amp...

BallsofDoom

I just acquired a PRS se20 combo and I have to say it's not bad. I love how the clean channel breaks up early and the dirty channel is actually very usable. But... I think I may swap the speaker for a gt75 or v30...

Anyone else own one of these? Love it or hate it?

I just acquired a PRS se20 combo and I have to say it's not bad. I love how the clean channel breaks up early and the dirty channel is actually very usable. But... I think I may swap the speaker for a gt75 or v30...

Anyone else own one of these? Love it or hate it?

Had a 30 head and really liked it, along with the matching 2x12 which I still have, killer rock cabinet.

That being said, I think the SE amps may have been more suited for combos than closed back 2x12’s like mine, very abundant bass, so getting a combo is an extra bonus.

Truth be told, I think the stock speaker is actually a pretty good balance, more treble but not harsh. I personally didn’t like V30’s with mine as much, they were ok but not better than stock, good options might be the V-Type, Creamback 75, or WGS Vet 30.

It's been a week and this SE 20 has really proven itself to be a very versatle 20 watt monster. Maybe I got lucky and got a good one? No harshness or fizz. It's very tight and punchy, great for metal. The clean channel is also very cool. It can go from pristine to ultra crunchy... It's like having 2 channels in one.

Also the louder you crank the master the better it gets. I'm really digging these 6v6 power tubes.

Anyone else what to chime in? I'm still looking for speaker/preamp tube recommendations...

I have one that is having a tube problem right now. The first amp guy didn’t fix it, so it’ll be off to guy #2 soon. The 30 watter is my all time favorite amp, except it weighs 60 lbs, and I’m older than the weight. My 20 is a head, and I can’t buy another. I’m sure you know why.....................quit while you’re a head...........

Back