SCT Singlecut Trem User club

Had a couple... a 10 Quilt emerald green with dots.. (upgraded to #10 pickups..6's were horrid IMO).
Also had the ill faited and 2 years delayed black single cut trem from the nasvhille 'all black' summer namm. Injunction on SC's came down while it was waiting to go to NAMM> finally got it later. Had Artist Pickups put in that one.

Both cool but I prefer double cuts.

Little teaser of my soon to be NGD

7B2HEgn.jpg

Here's mine in Ruby with a Top 10. When I received the guitar, the 3-way switch was wired backwards (bridge pick-up on when the toggle was flipped up). I contacted the dealer, sent pictures of the hang tags, etc., and received an apology email from the supervisor who signed off on the guitar! They offered to have me send it back to make it right, but I just took out my soldering iron and made the quick fix.

(will be in next post, as I need to get to 4 posts to upload a picture)

After several weeks with the D2 I am still wondering if they are the good choice... So far I think the best PRS pickups to me are, D1 bridge and D2 neck. Unfortunately for the D2 bridge it's complicated to compete with the D1 treble. I like the full sounding of the D2 but I would appreciate to have a little more output and bites.

So I am thinking about a tremonti Treble, in order to stay in juicy pickup approach that I appreciate and to have a sound that complete the D1 of my CE. Did anyone compares D2 bridge vs Tremonti Treble?

I never had the chance to take some decent pictures of my SCT since I put D2 on it.

Here are some picture under French sun light :cool:

41tt.jpg

s9st.jpg

lqoy.jpg

McCarty Tobacco Sunburst likes the sun light :)

Damn, that looks great in the sun!

Ohhh so many nice tops on your SCT's!!
I'm currently in the market for a SC in general and the SCT is popping up on my radar again and again.

On the first view they are eye catchers (esp. as of some very nice tops). Then after some seconds the controls layout (with two pots and the 3-way next to them) starts to irritate my eyes. More so the upper horn appears weird to me (as if as of the missing 3-way the body-neck-ratio changed). Does anyone had similar experiences in the beginning?
How does it feel for you now since owning them (maybe also compared to the "traditional" LP layout)? I'm used to this layout with CE's, Custom's and the DGT - but those are all double cuts.

I can't help but the Tremonti SCT looks more "right" to me (if that makes any sense)? The price difference (appr. 700-1.000EUR on used ones) though is quite a factor for me. Also I like the WF neck a little better compared to the WT on the Tremonti (not as much as I like the DGT neck carve ;)). So +1 for the SCT...
The idea behind the SCT is to go the Tremonti route gain-wise (although I'm not a fan of ceramic pickups and probably try to pair a Tremonti Bass with a 59/09 Treble - or like Myles Kennedy does a 245 Bass with a SD Custom Custom - and I read Suhr DA's are quite loved as well).

On the other hand I have options with a CE22 with Trem which I could put the pickups in and use for the higher gain stuff and lower tunings.

I'd also like to get into the SC245 market but that one would probably end in a more classic tonal direction for me (eg. with 57/08's for some classic rock and blues).

What do you think? Any recommendations how to approach this?

Back