SCT Singlecut Trem User club

Micky!

Dragon trainer
I searched trough the forum and I didn't found a thread dedicated to the SCT. So now it's done :D

Some pictures of my SCT (I do not have the hang tag, so I do not know the exact color reference) :
t8ah.jpg

27no.jpg

uj5e.jpg

bc9m.jpg

The story behind this SCT: I really like the 95 CE22 I picked last year. It's a perfect balanced between LPish / modern sounding, with a little touch of maple neck bites. Somehow the best of every world :cool:

I also owned 5 years ago a Standard 22, with Dragon II. It was a nice guitar, but I found it a little too dark for me.

After too many hours watching PRS factory tour video on PRS You Tube channel :mad:, I started to search a second PRS with a wide fat mahogany neck => the research of a used Custom 22 was launched (I prefer used instrument filling, and it helps to control your budget). I spent some months to seek the right CU22. And in January this year I attend to a show of Steven Wilson. I total forgot the existence of the SCT model, and as I am also a LP aficionado, I add the SCT to my wishlist. I finally found a 2007 SCT that seems to be in nice shape and I bought it.

Stevewilson-07.jpg

Thanks Steven!

I have been a little disappointed first, because this SCT was not as clean as expected. In fact, it was the rustiest and the stickiest guitar I ever bought :confused:. And the set up was a total mess, the trem was tightened all the way down and the tuner were used as non-locking tuner :eek:. Even the PU selector was not working properly: treble position was not staying engaged. So, it took about 2 weeks to clean it, polish it and find the right set up. Pickups height has been tricky to fine tune, but finally the "infamous" #6 pickups are pretty good. The treble #6 is a little disappointing in clean, I feel it miss some low ends and the split sounds weak compare to the neck (and if I raise the PU too high it become dirty). On the other hand, overdriven sound and distortion are amazing on any PU combination, very raw in your face type of sound. I was thinking about swapping the #6, for dragon II, but I think the only mod I will do is adding a treble bleed cap. This SCT is a real rock machine ;)

Now guys go ahead show us your SCT :)

Nice! I love that model.

I believe color on that one should be Dark Cherry Sunburst. You can check by removing the bridge pickup to check the sticker in the pickup rout and using the MODCAT decoder on this forum.

I think the color may be tobacco burst. I used to have a dark cherry burst but the colors didn’t look like that.

Put some 57/08s or 59/09s in that SCT! :)

ME I SCT - very dangerous form of the species, known to eat entire annual budgets with pure unadulterated Rosewood neck GAS. This is available - PM for details.
38_C3_A97_D-8_F60-4_CE4-83_DD-6_CD00665743_B.jpg

My PS P245T - short scale so technically not a SCT, but I’ve decided it’s close enough - you can kick me out later :)

164-FE635-60-BD-41-FA-8134-C6-A0-BE6-EF3-C1.jpg

Gone but not forgotten... this was a SCT 25” scale. Obeche body, maple neck. Sonically I wanted the ME I SCT wood combo.
image.jpg

I knew they were nice SCT out there :) It's funny to see so few #6 pickups

@Rider1260 The freeway switch looks interesting!

Mine is definitely not a Top 10

And If I well read the MODCAT: SXM2F-HFIBT_MT_N6-6X , the decoder says "McCarty Tobacco Sunburst"

Last edited:
I am not sure if anemic really qualifies the #6, except maybe the split of the bridge. With the set-up I manage to find, the #6 have as much output and dynamic than the Dragon 1 of my CE. They even have more bites and edge than the D1. It would only benefit of a treble bleed, in order to be able keep this edge when you roll off the volume knob (and remove it with the tone if needed).

The voicing of the #6 treble gives a unic tone to this set for clean tones, and extra juice for overdrive. It also gives you a lot of distinctive tones on every switching positions. #6 are miss understood, you guys need to give them a chance :D

I know this photo is making a repeat performance, but the SC is my favorite model as well. Throw in a trem and a piezo, and it truly is the Swiss Army knife of guitars. Plus, it is a downright sexy beast.

I shoulda mentioned a few nice woods; especially some nice exotic hardwood necks.

Last edited:
Seems like an 11top thread.
CK_TreeWoodToGuitar.JPG

As mentioned above, it is my favorite model, and I have a number, but I’d certainly be proud to have yours in my harem. That’s a beauty, Pete.

I have one coming from PS really soon that I’m fired up about. It’s a SC, but a bit different for me (stop tail for one).

I am not sure if anemic really qualifies the #6, except maybe the split of the bridge. With the set-up I manage to find, the #6 have as much output and dynamic than the Dragon 1 of my CE. They even have more bites and edge than the D1. It would only benefit of a treble bleed, in order to be able keep this edge when you roll off the volume knob (and remove it with the tone if needed).

The voicing of the #6 treble gives a unic tone to this set for clean tones, and extra juice for overdrive. It also gives you a lot of distinctive tones on every switching positions. #6 are miss understood, you guys need to give them a chance :D

Again it could have been my experience with them. Perhaps I need to get an SCT and try to convert

Back