SCT is cured " Thanks John "

Rider1260

I have a Sweet IRW necked SCT it is a great sounding and playing guitar.
BUT
I have always had an issue with it , the trem was always very stiff ( hard to use )
It always stayed in tune and had great sustain so I was just living with it ( and bitching about it )
I tried things that made sense to me like going with 3 springs etc ( did not sound as good )
I ordered up a new set of springs thinking since it was a used guitar that they may have been changed still no luck :(
So I reached out to John Mann ( http://guitarvaultusa.com ) and asked him what else I could do.
He sent me a pretty detailed email with several tips on setting up a Mann/PRS Trem saying that depending on neck angle and such the best set up could be 3/4 or even 5 springs :confused:
Armed with new knowledge and a screwdriver I added spring #5 , loosened the trem claw to get it level with the body again. AND
BAM :D much easier to use Trem and even better ( fuller ) sound.
For this guitar 5 looser springs works way better than 3 or 4 springs pulled tight and it stays in tune even better.
SO a BIG THUMBS UP to John Mann I could not be happier

That's great, John is a great guy, I met him several times at the experience. He know what he talking about.

Back