Screwed up my '21 Zach Myers this weekend

DogPhishHead

I decided to try to swap out the stock pickups for an older set of nickel covered 245 pups I had in a box. These 58 year old eyes aren't that good anymore...nor is my $15 soldering iron. Ended up frying one volume pot, burnt a few fingers and frankly gave up. Putting the guitar back into the gig bag minus a neck pup and strings.
So...after two more Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ales (hmm....might have contributed to the initial soldering difficulties ?;)) I did a few hours of googling and youtubeing I ending up ordering a pair of Duncan Seth Lovers and new PRS volume and tone pots. This time I'll take the guitar to NStuff Music and have their luthier staff do the install, well worth the cost for me. Now I gotta find a nice truss rod cover to replace the ZM on mine. Anyone know if the SE truss rod cover is the same size as the core ?

I'm also trying to find a truss rod cover, I already ordered the PRS 57/08 pickups for my ZM guitar. I'm also thinking of using Phase III locking tuners, I still don't know the color scheme I want to follow.

I'm also trying to find a truss rod cover, I already ordered the PRS 57/08 pickups for my ZM guitar. I'm also thinking of using Phase III locking tuners, I still don't know the color scheme I want to follow.
I put the locking Klusons on mine. They’re fine, direct fit, and look correct.

I thought I might switch the pickups but the 245s are surprisingly good. Like a hotrodded PAF?

Might want to put coiltaps in…

There was a guy on YouTube who mentioned that his 2021 Blue ZM's truss rod cover was the same size as the USA ones. I'll post the link once I find it and timestamp it if I am remembering this right.

In my own experience I know I bought one from WECInlay (he does custom truss rod covers) while waiting for my ZM, I got him to cut it to fit an SE assuming it would be the same.
I had to sand it down a touch to get it to fit properly, so in my best estimate I think the 2021 ZM truss rod cover might be the same as USA covers.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Overall this is a great video to watch as he does a lot of things to the guitar and is very informative.

3:28 for truss rod cover info

Last edited:
I put the locking Klusons on mine. They’re fine, direct fit, and look correct.

I thought I might switch the pickups but the 245s are surprisingly good. Like a hotrodded PAF?

Might want to put coiltaps in…

You are correct, I was very surprised with the 245s, they sound fantastic, I might combine them with the 57/08 or just sell them. But I really like covered pickups. decisions, decisions!!!

The YouTube guy does the Phase III locking tuners on his '21 ZM if this helps, he also discusses truss rod covers/pickup rings

Also check out WECInlay on Etsy or his website, he does custom truss rod covers, super nice guy. I bought one for my ZM and can attest to the quality of it.

3KDSpmC.jpeg

Here's his link: http://www.wecinlay.com

Last edited:
Back