Schroeder adjustable vs PRS adjustable tailpiece?

S2C22

Anybody prefer the Schroeder? I picked up the PRS ACC-4005 adjustable, and there's something about it I don't like that I can't put my finger on. Too gaudy looking? I picked up Schroeder locking studs, and they are certainly top shelf, no doubt. Thinking about ordering their traditional adjustable tailpiece. They're cheaper, too. $199 for the PRS is kinda nuts.

I’ve had 2 Schroeder Stoptails and both were great. I don’t have any experience with the PRS adjustable one but I’ve heard good things about that one as well as the John Mann one

I do like the idea of locking studs to keep the bridge more level.

Yes. Absolutely. I love the way they feel and sound, and yes, they are cheaper than PRS. Years ago I removed the PRS solid bridge for this and could not be happier. I like the lines of the bridge as well---it matches the curves of the guitar, IMO. He does make a straight back one as well.

2 of my 3 stop tails have the Schroeder boat tail. All of them have the Schroeder locking studs. All of the bridges mentioned before can be excellent on the right guitar with the right gauge strings. It just depends on what you want to hear.

Back