School me on Piezo's

That's interesting. I have never had the squeal happen with my factory installed Graphtech Ghost System on my Private Stock 513. What happens with that one is that it cuts out when you dive bomb has the strings break contact with the saddles. Definitely, it's a involved factor with LR Baggs design. The LR Baggs system also requires that the pick ups be reverse wound which is why it was unsuitable for a three pick up guitar where the middle pick up is reverse wound and 180 degrees out of phase with respect to the the neck and bridge pick ups for hum cancellation.

I have found a P245 but surprised at the weight of it. I am torn between this and a Hollowbody 2. I like the versatility and scale length of the P245 - the fact you can split the coils but the HB2 has the weight advantage and looks great - even from the back. I would love to add both but at the moment I can only add one. I had set my heart on the HB2 as I don't have a hollowbody but wondering if I ought to look at the P245.

I assume the Piezo doesn't sound any different either way...

The weight wouldn't be the decider for me. The two guitars sound completely different with the mag pickups and maybe a little different with the piezo. This would be the decider for me.

Back