Schon vs. Cain

That is going to ruin the band when they get to the point of not talking anymore and not wanting to be around eachother. From the statements they have made, they may be there. They are the founding members of the band so if they both have a controlling interest in the band, money is the only thing driving them to share the stage.

That is going to ruin the band when they get to the point of not talking anymore and not wanting to be around eachother. From the statements they have made, they may be there. They are the founding members of the band so if they both have a controlling interest in the band, money is the only thing driving them to share the stage.

Cain’s not even close to a founding member. He joined in the 80s, almost ten years into the band’s run.

Cain’s married to a nutjob, so if this ends his tenure with the band, so be it. He wrote some great songs with them, but this has long been Schon’s baby. He’s the only original member left (Greg Rolie, Ainsley Dunbar, and Ross Valory were the other originals, if memory serves).

Last edited:
Cain’s not even close to a founding member. He joined in the 80s, almost ten years into the band’s run.

Cain’s married to a nutjob, so if this ends his tenure with the band, so be it. He wrote some great songs with them, but this has long been Schon’s baby. He’s the only original member left (Greg Rolie, Ainsley Dunbar, and Ross Valory were the other originals, if memory serves).
I could have sworn that I saw in a documentary that Cain was a founding member. A quick Google search proved that wrong.

Journey was formed in February 1973 by lead guitarist Neal Schon with bassist Ross Valory, rhythm guitarist George Tickner and drummer Prairie Prince, who were joined by keyboardist and vocalist Gregg Rolie in the summer before debuting live on New Year's Eve 1973.

I saw Journey the first time they played Winterland in SF . While Bill Graham knew Neil and Greg well from Santana, he was most stoked about Ainsley .. They were a GREAT almost fusion band ...then Perry came along and it all went off the cliff ...

Journey was formed in February 1973 by lead guitarist Neal Schon with bassist Ross Valory, rhythm guitarist George Tickner and drummer Prairie Prince, who were joined by keyboardist and vocalist Gregg Rolie in the summer before debuting live on New Year's Eve 1973.

I didn't know about Tickner, but I’d have sworn Rolie and Dunbar were originals.

Back