Scarf Joints on new CE24s

It's just weird cause I remember PRSh talking about how a neck needs to be one piece to get that sustain, and that's why he never did three pieces

I mean, pretty much every other guitar has a scarf joint so I don't think it's a big deal, but I was just sayin

Yes, Taylor's are great guitars and they use this method. Bob says its stronger and more stable.

You would think it would be more work doing a scarf joint...for the time it takes to make sure that spot it as good and strong as can be..

It's just weird cause I remember PRSh talking about how a neck needs to be one piece to get that sustain, and that's why he never did three pieces
I’m not gonna involve myself in this debate, it’s fraught with danger!:eek:

Suffice to say that I have guitars that have a single piece of wood and one with a three piece and they both sustain beautifully. Might be something to do with the way in which they were made as well as the materials etc.

Please feel free to tell me I’m wrong.

Well I think the answer to OP is you won't notice it at all because pretty much every guitar has a scarf joint, the end.

I don't care if they use 10 pieces of wood. I just want the guitar to play, sound, and look well. Remember, scarf joints aren't new. They've been around for a very long time.

I mean, pretty much every other guitar has a scarf joint so I don't think it's a big deal, but I was just sayin

None of my Gibsons, nor my Guild, nor my CE22, nor even my Hot Rod Steel have a scarfed neck. And while my daughter's 3/4 scale Chinese Fender acoustic does indeed have one, even my son's 1/2 scale Oscar Schmidt does not. Actually, one of the things to look for when looking for a counterfeit Gibson is a scarfed neck.

Let's be honest, the CE24 has been at the same price point for years. And to keep it there, PRS has cheapened it. No longer a hardshell case, the top is much thinner, and the carve is much more shallow. So they now have a scarf neck. That's really what it is about, not about doing what the competition is doing (or not in this case).

Yes, the new CE's are built the way they are so that they can hit a certain price point. That's no secret.

People write crazy things. Most of the time it is either a blatant troll or it is to justify a poor decision, action or argument point.

The idea that someone sold/returned a PRS guitar because they could feel the scarf joint is so outlandish that it need no refutation.

Do any of the SE models have a scarf joint? I'm assuming they do if it's cheaper and they save wood...

Ideally, maybe so.

But compromises were necessary to hit the price range, and meeting a price was the whole point of the S2 line. If you don’t like scarf joints, there’s a simple solution: go Core or higher.

PRS doesn’t say that the Korean pickups and hardware are as high-end as the Core stuff, either.

Back