SC HB II Piezo Outputs

mr_spoons

Could someone please tell me if the mixed output of this guitar takes a stereo jack or not. Thanks.

The mag output jack carries the pre-blended signal. The piezo jack shorts the piezo signal to the mag jack when a plug is not inserted. It can certainly be wired for a stereo jack for use with TRS cables. You’d have to look inside your guitar to discover what jacks are installed.

It is not meant to take a stereo jack. You will only get one channel of output.

That's what I thought, but then I saw a review on youtube that said it used a stereo jack which he had running to two amps via a split cable.

It can certainly be wired for a stereo jack for use with TRS cables. You’d have to look inside your guitar to discover what jacks are installed.

Would that be an option from new, or would it have to be an after-sale mod?

That's what I thought, but then I saw a review on youtube that said it used a stereo jack which he had running to two amps via a split cable.

Would that be an option from new, or would it have to be an after-sale mod?

You would need to mod that yourself or have a tech do it.

You would need to mod that yourself or have a tech do it.

Thanks. I'm not looking to do this, I'm just trying to determine whether I need a split cable for this incoming guitar, due Monday. It was described as "Never used" so I doubt it would have been modded.

The PRS piezo preamp allows you to run the piezo either:

1) Out of the magnetic output jack as a pre-blended signal with a single standard TS instrument cable,

or

2) Out of the discreet Piezo guitar output jack. When you use this jack, you can route your magnetic and piezo signals independently to different sources using two separate standard TS instrument cables. This is by far the best sounding way to use the PRS piezo.

I thought you might have preferred to use a single stereo jack with a single TRS instrument cable, which you could do after modifying the internal guitar output wiring. The only problem with that method is you must use a TRS cable into a Y splitter on the ground, or you will be forced to sacrifice whatever output you have soldered to the "ring" lug of the stereo jack.

The PRS piezo preamp allows you to run the piezo either:

1) Out of the magnetic output jack as a pre-blended signal with a single standard TS instrument cable,

or

2) Out of the discreet Piezo guitar output jack. When you use this jack, you can route your magnetic and piezo signals independently to different sources using two separate standard TS instrument cables. This is by far the best sounding way to use the PRS piezo.

I thought you might have preferred to use a single stereo jack with a single TRS instrument cable, which you could do after modifying the internal guitar output wiring. The only problem with that method is you must use a TRS cable into a Y splitter on the ground, or you will be forced to sacrifice whatever output you have soldered to the "ring" lug of the stereo jack.

OK, thanks a lot for your advice. I'll see how I get on with it 'as is' and then maybe have a chat with my techi.

Back