SC-58 Wiring

lendryesky

Hi all, I'm new here.

I just got an SC-58 and peeked inside the control cavity. Here it is:

WDoMSUP.jpg

When comparing it to the schematic at https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/schematics/2012/sc58_2012.pdf it appears that the caps are supposed to go from the center lug of the tone pots to the outside lugs of the volume pots. On mine, as you can see, they go from the center lug to center lug. Note that the schematic says 2012 and mine is a 2011, so I'm not sure if they changed it.

I noticed my wiring, except for the value of the caps, is the same as the current sc245 wiring, though.

What's the difference in the wiring scheme, and is mine correctly done?

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is fine. This is actually a mod you can do for a more "vintage" tone sound, If you move the caps over to the out side lugs on the volume pots then the tone will have a more dramatic effect on the sound. I switched my guitar over to what you have there. I guess the short answer is both are correct, it's a matter of taste.

This is fine. This is actually a mod you can do for a more "vintage" tone sound, If you move the caps over to the out side lugs on the volume pots then the tone will have a more dramatic effect on the sound. I switched my guitar over to what you have there. I guess the short answer is both are correct, it's a matter of taste.

Interesting. I bought this guitar from the original owner and he said he never modded it.

Thanks for the input!

Back