Say you are banished to a desert island and...

My tech loves the Cmatmods Butah! I came so close to buying it a few months ago but I can’t bear to part with my current drive pedals.

Oh you should get one. Theyre not too expensive on reverb.com. I got mine for like $60 or so. Its so transparent, and does exactly what it says: Nice low gain OD with great pedal stacking qualities.

Oh you should get one. Theyre not too expensive on reverb.com. I got mine for like $60 or so. Its so transparent, and does exactly what it says: Nice low gain OD with great pedal stacking qualities.

Hmmm. $60 ain’t bad at all. I wonder how it compares to my Timmy + TS... I will look for some YouTube videos.

Hmmm. $60 ain’t bad at all. I wonder how it compares to my Timmy + TS... I will look for some YouTube videos.
Yeah, that's a steal. These guys are like $135 new. Granted, mine is well used, but if you ever have issues just shoot Chad a message at Cmatmods.com and he'll fix any problems. I sent in a used Super Signa to him that I scored used at GC ($70....stupid good deal), and good ol GC quality tester force....I received it DOA. Sent it to Chad and he fixed it in a week.

Its very comparable to a Timmy and though I've never used one myself, the sounds are darn close in audio comparisons I've seen. I almost like it more than the Signa Drive.

Gotta love the cringe! All flavors of the cringe!
I do very much agree with that 'tude.
Anyone that knows me personally understands that I have little to no filter, but there's a couple of things about that.
First I try to get to know someone before I let my filter completely lapse.
Second, and more importantly, in here we not only deal with people we have mostly never met. Then we are dealing with nothing more than the written word bolstered by the odd emoji, picture, or video clip. No facial expression, no vocal inflection.
So as funny as I "thought" I was being I now realize that I surely offended a few, and that has never been nor will it ever be my intention.

I shall now banish myself to a desert island... better make that a dessert island. I'm hungry.:p

20200329-104813.jpg
Fromel Shape EQ (bass and treble boost or cut and a parametric mid)
3 Leaf Audio PWNZOR (compressor)
Zendrive (two of them if there's room)
Tapestry Audio Bloomery (smaller footprint volume pedal, so yay! There's room for two Zendrives)
Strymon El Capistan

Last edited:
I do very much agree with that 'tude.
Anyone that knows me personally understands that I have little to no filter, but there's a couple of things about that.
First I try to get to know someone before I let my filter completely lapse.
Second, and more importantly, in here we not only deal with people we have mostly never met. Then we are dealing with nothing more than the written word bolstered by the odd emoji, picture, or video clip. No facial expression, no vocal inflection.
So as funny as I "thought" I was being I now realize that I surely offended a few, and that has never been nor will it ever be my intention.

I shall now banish myself to a desert island... better make that a dessert island. I'm hungry.:p

I appreciate unfiltered. It’s authentic, honest and direct which makes for better communication. Now I have to say it, “Leave the gun, take the cannoli.”

I’ve reconsidered my response. If I’m banished to a desert island, I’m not worrying about no stinking pedals. I’m taking Marianne and Ginger.

Are Marianne and Ginger still alive? Hey I’m not judging anybody who is into geriatric ‘fun times’... but we are gonna need to put up a shower curtain between your side of the island and ours.

We also might need to crank that Twin up until the speaker starts breaking up.

Thurston for Lovey in all the wrong places?

Not all the wrong places. Just the third.

Are Marianne and Ginger still alive? Hey I’m not judging anybody who is into geriatric ‘fun times’... but we are gonna need to put up a shower curtain between your side of the island and ours.

Tina Louise is 86. Dawn Wells is 81.

Dawn Wells looks damn good for 81. (The article is from 2020 - the picture is admittedly undated, but she looks a bit older in this than some others I found.)

345226cc-f923-467c-beb4-c203078ebe5b-2._Dawn_Wells_enjoying_a_coconut_beverage_at_the_beach_-_Photo_provided_by_Leonard_Carter.jpg

Tina Louise looks a little more sun-worn at 84 (didn't see any more recent pics), but still, 84 year olds didn't look like that when I was a kid.

4F1CCD2C00000578-0-image-a-100_1534358396014.jpg

Back