Say you are banished to a desert island and...

No, I had one once thinking it would be ideal mix of reverb & delay. Was gutted. I would buy a combined TC flasback & hall of fame if they ever do that, thats more my cup of tea

Bummer. I was just about to buy one...

I see another model online but it seems to color the tone too much for me.

What job wouldn’t I get for that remark? I mean, aside from whatever Sammy’s band’s name is...

Which is a shame because I was so looking forward to the Crate and Washburn endorsements.

Us Red Rockers have to stick together!

and what’s wrong with Sammy? He’s a great rock singer, and by most accounts, one of the nicest and coolest rockers ever.

I’m sure he’s a great guy.... but I’m loyal to DLR for life.

Don’t get me wrong. I love the music with both. Sorta like two versions of one of the greatest bands ever. And no doubt, the DLR era VH was the best hard rock band going at that time.

But really, if you got to spend a weekend partying and playing music with one or the other, which would you choose? For me, that’s a no contest win for Sammy. I think it would be cool to hang with Dave for a short while, but would get old fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun!

Polytune Mini
Fox Pedal Defector (fuzz and boost, both separate or together)
Keeley Super Mod Workstation (modulations, reverb, delays, boost, w/tap tempo)
Tapestry Active Volume pedal
Digitech Trio+ (so I have something to play along with when everyone else goes to bed)

If band mates aren't an issue, I'd trade the Trio+ for my Tortuga Fire Ant (two channels of silicone, diode, or germanium dirt, from dirty boost to gnarly fuzz).

I love amp drive, but I haven't played many tube amps that can't pick up an addition cool tone by pushing the front end. With the amp before break-up, at the edge, or driven, there's a place for a boost/push (IMHO).

Fun!

Polytune Mini
Fox Pedal Defector (fuzz and boost, both separate or together)
Keeley Super Mod Workstation (modulations, reverb, delays, boost, w/tap tempo)
Tapestry Active Volume pedal
Digitech Trio+ (so I have something to play along with when everyone else goes to bed)

If band mates aren't an issue, I'd trade the Trio+ for my Tortuga Fire Ant (two channels of silicone, diode, or germanium dirt, from dirty boost to gnarly fuzz).

I love amp drive, but I haven't played many tube amps that can't pick up an addition cool tone by pushing the front end. With the amp before break-up, at the edge, or driven, there's a place for a boost/push (IMHO).

Ohh I have the Trio+ too! I’m gonna check the workstation out. I like Keeley stuff.

{I can’t sleep due to the riots and fires in the city tonight... so I’m up designing my future pedal board. Violence sucks @ss}

What five pedals...oh dear, most of em are ODs. If I can find that blasted 18v DC brick, I'll grab the univibe. Then the Cmatmods Butah, Signa Drive, Deeeelay, and the Liquid Chorus. The Budda Karma can get wrecked. I still cant get fond of it.

Its times like these I feel like my minimalist pedal approach isnt cutting mustard. I need more gear....the wallet aint gonna like it and I dont care.

Well, I might as well take everything I own:
KTR
Troubled Rooster
Arctic Screamer

and unless I finally get a proper delay, my ancient little Zoom multi thing - it’s designed to fit on your guitar strap so doesn’t even take board space.
That is the Trifecta of Cool!

For simple delay, check out the El Capistan...or the Carbon Copy. Simple, elegant. (But the El Cap is truly a desert island stomper)

@veinbuster, it would add credibility to my cool call out if you posted a pic of these bad boys.

Last edited:
Ohh I have the Trio+ too! I’m gonna check the workstation out. I like Keeley stuff.

{I can’t sleep due to the riots and fires in the city tonight... so I’m up designing my future pedal board. Violence sucks @ss}

Stay safe! This does suck.

I spent time with all of the Keeley workstations and combo pedals. The Super Mod was the most flexible, and covered my compact delay + modulation needs. Unlike SOME people :)cool:) who are too cool for chorus, I love the way it sounds in sound-scapey situations, and have always preferred it to phasers for highly driven movement tones. It gets (got) overused, but there is a place for it (I also grew up with the Cure, so it's kinda necessary!).

What five pedals...oh dear, most of em are ODs. If I can find that blasted 18v DC brick, I'll grab the univibe. Then the Cmatmods Butah, Signa Drive, Deeeelay, and the Liquid Chorus. The Budda Karma can get wrecked. I still cant get fond of it.

Its times like these I feel like my minimalist pedal approach isnt cutting mustard. I need more gear....the wallet aint gonna like it and I dont care.

My tech loves the Cmatmods Butah! I came so close to buying it a few months ago but I can’t bear to part with my current drive pedals.

Last edited:
It seems @Boogie edited his post after I first saw it to suggest I show you my limited edition pedals.
The Arctic Screamer: one of 10-12 made in Norway (though @Rider1260 used the same circuit in one of his pedals).
It has a pretty wide range of flavour it can add to your sound.
CK_WestieArcticScreamer.JPG

Troubled Rooster. Just a few made in the UK. Its got a cool fuzzy thing going on.
And a very cool package.
CK_506TroubledRooster.JPG

I won't bother showing you the KTR, because everyone has seen them.

But, while I was checking what photos I had on my site, I came upon these. P-002 is a prototype pedal that made the rounds of the other Rooster fans.
The other box is a baby amp - half a watt. Surprisingly fun into a 4x10 cab, but will make your ears bleed it you try to put it through headphones.
CK_120P002ToLilBlastard.JPG

Back