SAS-NF NOISE ?

helmi

single & satin
Just picked up a beautiful 2012 swamp ash special NF. sounds great, but when i'm in the 2&4 positions, holy $hit am I getting a lot of noise! I have a singlecut with 3 narrowfields , and don't have this problem. my guitar partner has a NF3 with narrowfields and doesent have this noise. is it something in the way it's wired? anybody else with a SAS-NF ever experience this?
(Les, where are you?)

It's been a while since I had mine but I want to say that it's still a single-coil guitar

Just picked up a beautiful 2012 swamp ash special NF. sounds great, but when i'm in the 2&4 positions, holy $hit am I getting a lot of noise! I have a singlecut with 3 narrowfields , and don't have this problem. my guitar partner has a NF3 with narrowfields and doesent have this noise. is it something in the way it's wired? anybody else with a SAS-NF ever experience this?
(Les, where are you?)

Nope, mine was quiet before I ripped the NFs out and attacked it with a router. That complete pickup/harness setup is now in another guitar and no noise in any position. I've got no suggestions, seems really odd.

It's been a while since I had mine but I want to say that it's still a single-coil guitar

Actually, they're humbuckers, they're basically 57/08s on a narrow base :)

(Les, where are you?)

Hi Helmi!

I'm not getting noise with the NF on my 20th PS in 2 and 4, but the NF is only the middle pickup (the other pickups are 408Ns).

I did have a SAS-NF in the studio for a short time, and didn't have a noise issue with it. I have no idea what might be going on!

I'd probably pop the control cover off and gently prod with a pencil eraser or chopstick(anything non conductive) and see if you can get noise to change. Could be a wiring issue. Could take a pic and email to PRS to see if anything looks amiss. I'd email them either way, they might have an idea.

Yeah, I'm with vchizzle. Pull up the factory schematics and go over the control cavity with a fine-tooth comb. I'm betting a lifted ground or a short somewhere. Is there any evidence that the previous owner(s) monkey-ed with the wiring at any time?

thank you very much fella's for the reply's. doesen't look to be tampered with at all. I could of sworn I saw some post's on this problem a couple years back. must have been mistaken

Back