SAS models

I love the older SAS...before the NF pus. Good fat HB tone. I rewired one of the older models so the Single coil sound is when push/pull tone pot is in "down" position. PS guys were very helpful in this. (Very easy to do... resolder one wire) but was extremely nervous, of course. recently got a beautiful Swamp Ash 513 in Seafoam , and she sings!!!!

Thos SAS NF were on my wish list, then they released the SAStudio...now I got huge GAS for the SAStudio Multi Foil. The solar one is calling my name

swamp ash narrow field pickups rosewood finger board

I put a deposite on this guitar, sounds nice and practical. Its totaly different from your regular every day prs. This model been discontinued. I noted so much negative discussion on the internet on this model. Maybe im getting a lemon? I hope i made a good choice. Then again Mr Paul.Smith designs good guitars i just reassure myself and dont listen to hype and look forward in getting it. I will.play it and not worship it.

I put a deposite on this guitar, sounds nice and practical. Its totaly different from your regular every day prs. This model been discontinued. I noted so much negative discussion on the internet on this model. Maybe im getting a lemon? I hope i made a good choice. Then again Mr Paul.Smith designs good guitars i just reassure myself and dont listen to hype and look forward in getting it. I will.play it and not worship it.
I haven't see any negative feedback on these. I haven't played one with a rosewood fretboard, but the maple I've played were great. The only negative I've seen is on the studio model(humbucker in bridge), some say they can't get the 5708 humbucker as loud as the narrowfields.

I believe when they switched to the blade pickups, they also changed to the "Swamp Ash Special" pickups as well, but I have no idea how those differ from McPickups.

I was told that the Swamp Ash Special pickups were based on the #9's only more open sounding.

I recently purchased a 2010 SAS. It had a three way blade and a push pull pot. It was wired the way the toggle switch version was. It had no sounds that even remotely resembling a strat. When I put in a five way blade, I discovered that the middle pickup was wired out of phase. I reversed the wires on that and now it absolutely nails strat tones. It didn't look like anything had been changed when I looked inside, but I can't imagine it came like that from the factory. Anyway, maybe that's why I got such a good price on it.

I just wish PRS uses more swamp ash in other models and configurations, like singe cuts and hollow body guitars. I've been seeing lots of PS with swamp ash back and maple top

I just wish PRS uses more swamp ash in other models and configurations, like singe cuts and hollow body guitars. I've been seeing lots of PS with swamp ash back and maple top

PRS has made some killer PS's with swamp ash, including some cool SC trem style ones with 25.5 scales. I bet a swamp ash SC model with a maple neck and the 408 pickup system would be righteous!

Back