Yeah I’ve played a few that turned my fingers black from dye

I admit I’ve never done it personally, but I had a well-known luthier stain a pau ferro fret board so it looked like ebony, and it turned out beautifully. Personally, I’d leave it as is, but I think it would be very easy do do it gradually to that small spot and blend it in.

Having played with dyes 'a bit' lately I would most certainly attempt it if it were mine and if it bothered me; I wouldn't try if you've never done it since you also have to worry about the plastic binding on the 594.

I wouldn't necessarily use that ebony one as it may just end up being too black, but a mix of brown and black dyes from Keda or TransTint would do.

Thing is though I doubt PRS leaves ziricote unsealed. I asked several times when spec'ing a PS with ziricote neck and the least they would do is the same ultra thin (unfinished feel) satin finish they do on curly maple and roasted maple necks. With that type of sealer the dyes are unlikely to work well.

Nobody is a bigger fan/advocate of sapwood than me. In the good ol’ days, I took ziracote to PRS before they had any to offer. One of the first 2 or 3 ziracote necks they made for me was a two piece so there would be spots of sapwood running right down the middle.

I wouldn’t change your fret board, but if you don’t like it, it may always bug you. So, there’s always this:

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-too...tints-and-stains/black-fingerboard-stain.html

Who needs to see the front of a guitar when the entire back is that gorgeous ????
I love ziricote and this neck is just insane looking.

Back