Santana SE

Mixstar

Just too tired . . .
I just bought this via Ebay:
dacqbQd.jpg

I don't know the year of manufacture yet. It comes with a hard case and a PRS gig bag, I paid £166.00/$250 for it. Considering the hard case and gig bag are probably worth £100+ for the two I think I've done ok.

Nice score! As I'm sure you know, you'll be able to tell the year of manufacture from the Serial Number on the back of the headstock. Those were made 2005-2010-ish, IIRC.

And yeah, that case plus bonus gig bag are worth the price you paid, so the guitar was free!

Hmm, I need to find a deal like that and see if my fiancee goes for it...No really honey, I got this guitar absolutely free! I happened to also pick up some accessories for it...

If I'm not mistaken, these were the first Santana SE's that showed up on the market
way before 2005 now I could be wrong :dontknow:

Great score Congrats

These were the first of the SE line . They came out in 2001 . There was also a hard tail version ! I had one but sold it ! When I got the later version !
72FenderStart_zps0a851733.jpg

I couldn't believe I won it, I just put a price on it to see what would happen as it didn't seem to be moving much then I had the Monday morning surprise.

you'll be able to tell the year of manufacture from the Serial Number on the back of the headstock
What are those pups?
The pups 'appear' to be the same as on the red Santana above but looks can be deceiving. I'll investigate when I get my hands on it, more info after Thursday.

It was going to be a six hour round trip to pick it up but I managed to arrange a job for one of my engineers in the area Thursday so I'll get it picked up for nothing so long as my boss doesn't find out what I'm up to:biggrin:

If I'm not mistaken, these were the first Santana SE's that showed up on the market
way before 2005 now I could be wrong :dontknow:

Great score Congrats
You're right, these were the first SEs to hit the market. There were no other SE models at the time. This was 1st gen, made from 2000-2002. In 2003 they switched to 2nd gen which added some body contours, a pickguard, and fretboard binding to the Santana. They also started coming out with other models that year.

You're right, these were the first SEs to hit the market. There were no other SE models at the time. This was 1st gen, made from 2000-2002. In 2003 they switched to 2nd gen which added some body contours, a pickguard, and fretboard binding to the Santana. They also started coming out with other models that year.

Yep, the covered pups threw me. Thought they must be aftermarket but they came like that. Kind of wish they'd go back to covered pups on some models.

Didn't realise they also started out making them in Japan. Then moved to Korea.

It's a 2001 in a kind of translucent black, if you look at it the right way you can see the wood a bit and sometimes there's a dark reddish bloom, quite cool. The strings were all corroded and the fretboard felt scratchy like the wood was dried out. I gave it a good clean up, oiled the fretboard, checked the electrics and mechanics, replaced the strings (Ernie Ball 10's) and, as far as I can tell, this is a perfectly 100% working Santana SE.

Ll24iKF.jpg

hUG7O7n.jpg

Bgclr4z.jpg

cj5vVQV.jpg

JhAK9xs.jpg

It's sounds great, all in all, I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Back