Santana PRS SE - Dimensions

Douglas Mclean

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, from Australia,

I'm getting a 2012 made in Korea PRS SE Santana this week (my first ever PRS). And trying to find a hard case that will fit the guitar snugly (this is possibly a very old thread topic excuse me if I am out of place here).

Could someone here please measure their PRS SE Santana for these measurements (and possibly PRS SE Standard and Custom Dimensions as well)

Total Length;
Width at lower Bout;
Width at Middle;
Width at Upper Bout;

Thanks

Forty two, thirty nine, fifty six.......you could say she's got it all!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't have an SE Santana to measure. If you don't get anything, hit me up and I'll measure my Core Santana for you. I'd imagine they're the same.

Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum!

Forty two, thirty nine, fifty six.......you could say she's got it all!

Sorry, couldn't resist. I don't have an SE Santana to measure. If you don't get anything, hit me up and I'll measure my Core Santana for you. I'd imagine they're the same.

Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the quick response bodia!
Yes I would appreciate it if you could measure your USA Santana and quote it's measurements as well.

Be prepared to get one of the ‘universal’ cases and supplement with foam inserts. The chances of finding a genuine Santana fitted case (without the guitar) in Australia are slim.

Everyone here knows I can’t give you the dimensions. :(

Measured up my 2000 SE DC Santana MIK ... which is pretty much the size of my other MIK SEs.

Width across lower body widest part = 13 inches
Bottom strap pin to left DC strap pin = 18
Thickness of back to top of knobs and top of strings on the fretboard = 2.25
Overall length bottom strap pin to tip of headstock = 38

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, from Australia,

I'm getting a 2012 made in Korea PRS SE Santana this week (my first ever PRS). And trying to find a hard case that will fit the guitar snugly (this is possibly a very old thread topic excuse me if I am out of place here).

Could someone here please measure their PRS SE Santana for these measurements (and possibly PRS SE Standard and Custom Dimensions as well)

Total Length;
Width at lower Bout;
Width at Middle;
Width at Upper Bout;

Thanks

Here you go:
Total: 37 1/2"
Lower: 13"
Middle: 7 1/2"
Upper: 9 1/4"

Thanks, jvin248, bodia.

Boogie, I think you're right, in finding a hard case that will fit my PRS SE Santana guitar snugly in Australia.

Thanks, jvin248, bodia.

Boogie, I think you're right, in finding a hard case that will fit my PRS SE Santana guitar snugly in Australia.

What about on-line dealers like Bax-shop, Thomann etc.? Will they deliver to the Antipodes? If yes that could be your answer.

Gear 4 Music do a very nice molded case (ahem cough - SKB) that is very reasonably priced. If they post to you, Bingo!!

Back