Santana or Westie on lower tunings?

Elliot

Gandalf the Vintage Yellow
My favorite of my three guitars is my DC245 with 24.5 scale length. I keep 10's on it now and haven't experimented much with tunings other than standard E and tuning down a half step for some guns 'n roses. One day I'd like to get a 24 fret core guitar. I'll definitely play before I buy. I'd A/B santana vs. custom 24. For now, I'm just curious what you guys can tell me.

I wouldn't particularly want to have to slap 12's on a Santana but maaaaybe I could do 11's, if I had to.

Maybe a dumb question but it's not like the forum is teeming with new threads lately.

For anything super low, I’d probably suggest a longer scale length guitar.

But, totally buy a Santana shaped PRS anyway... they’re grrrreat!

I just felt this passion in my loins for a Santana after seeing Bodia's bruise burst retro for the first time. Lust or love, the lines are blurred.

Also, the Santana pulls of non-traditional colors really well imho.

Man... they’re the most fun guitars!

I’m seriously tempted to get an SE just to see how much of it translates.

C# us awfully low for 11s... I'd try it but don't be surprised if you need 12s

Also please realize this thread is enough to warrant adding your name to the bullying list.

So expect bodia, veinbuster, and myself to ride you pretty hard.

You may as well just buy one now to save yourself the headaches.

Oh boy! Fresh meat!

7tbelXf.jpg

aZZrwSy.jpg

Man... they’re the most fun guitars!

I’m seriously tempted to get an SE just to see how much of it translates.

This is the truth! I can't believe I uttered on a video, for all eternity to hear, "Oh, I'm not buying a Santana!" What a turd :oops:

It'll be fine for C#, just a little sludgy. Think Tony Iommi.

I've run a Strat strung 11-54 down to C# and it was killer with the longer scale and the clarity of the single coil pickups. It was a super mean blues tone.

I just felt this passion in my loins for a Santana after seeing Bodia's bruise burst retro for the first time. Lust or love, the lines are blurred.

Also, the Santana pulls of non-traditional colors really well imho.

Yummy maple neck and ebony board...........

DjCu4B3.jpg

Back