Santana neck size?

Isaac cruz

How big is the neck profile on the Santana Retro? Is it similar to Pattern or chunkier?

West street has a Santana neck profile, it’s chunkier but not to chunky.... just right. Far as I know all core Santana’s have chunky necks, slightly larger than pattern. I never measured though.

The retro I played at Dave’s felt like a cross between Pattern and Pattern Vintage to me. It didn’t ‘feel’ bigger than those profiles to me...

I'm not too hip on PRS neck sizes but it's quite a deep profile and feels so comfy to me. Def not in Gibson R7 territory, which can be quite a handful depending on how the shoulders are shaped. I find bigger necks less fatiguing over longer periods than a skinny variety.

I've had two (still have one) core Santanas, and the necks feel a bit fuller than any other PRSs I have or have owned, including the W/F. I did however once own a Santana III which had a gargantuan neck, certainly as big or bigger than an R8 or such. I'd also be interested to know which one is the template for the Retro.

Not sure how to explain or compare , except to say they feel AWESOME!! Just returned from Nashville and there's a used Santana 1 at Carter Vintage...damned neck felt incredible...and big, especially down towards the body. Oh, and its beautiful! Couldn't figure a way to find the funds, but did visit her twice.

Back