Santana III arrived - a story, photos and a review....

[QUOTE/] Great story, worthy of a Hallmark movie of its own. However, I was expecting you to kiss the guitar at the end! I'll settle for the loving embrace that it got.

Btw, you and @sergiodeblanc should get together for some afternoon viewing. He loves Bravo.[/QUOTE]

Just note that the kiss shouldn't happen til the final 30-40 seconds of the movie...but you can "almost" kiss it once or twice throughout.
(Fear not, I just destroyed my own "man-card")

Last edited:
Congrats on the new love affair!

For whatever reason I was expecting this guitar to be bigger. It's actually quite small.

I had the same impression for some reason. I actually didn't see one in the flesh until a year or two ago at Righteous Guitars and it really did look small on their massive wall of PRS. I think it's the dinky upper horn.

Nice guitar chick flick mark, nice guitar.

HAHAHA, thanks!!

Great axe...Congrats!!!

(and I watch Hallmarks a lot with my wife...ssshhh)

My wife HATES the Hallmark movies. She says they are awkward and the acting is horrible.

Congratulations... glad it worked out well!

Me too. It was something that I wasn't sure about across the board - but it has been getting played a lot since I made this post.

Santanas rule! Just sayin'! Great story, worthy of a Hallmark movie of its own. However, I was expecting you to kiss the guitar at the end! I'll settle for the loving embrace that it got.

Btw, you and @sergiodeblanc should get together for some afternoon viewing. He loves Bravo.

Glad a few of seem to have caught the vibe of the post!!! Also, Bravo shows good stuff - not as romantic and corny as Hallmark though....

That's a really nice looking guitar - terrific pictures! I'm glad you got it to stay in tune and sound the way you want. :)

By the way, Hallmark movies drive me freaking crazy. Is this a concession to keep peace in the band? ;)

You and my wife could start a "Hallmark Hate Club", lol. She goes CRAZY when I want to watch one too. If it has a chick from "Full House" or Lacey Chabert it WILL be watched!!!! Like, Friday I have no gig and Candice Cameron-Bure has the premier of one of her new "Aurora Teagarden Mysteries" on Hallmark - DUDE, I am PUMPED!!!!!!!! I LOVE the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries!!!!!

Santanas are so in right now. Great for me because I love seeing pictures of them!

Mark, your Santana is dope! Love seeing your gear, as always

Thanks, man!! I am glad nobody else jumped on this one. The price was stupid low for how great the condition is. I always wanted to try one, but they are never around and I just have my limits on what I'll spend in order to "demo" a guitar.

Beautiful guitar!!!!!

Right on! I am gonna do a side-by-side shot with my Scarlet Red Custom 22 to show the color difference. I was hoping there WOULD be a difference, and there is. Also, the Santana has a better top than the CU22, even though the CU22 is a 10-top.....

[QUOTE/]
Just note that the kiss shouldn't happen til the final 30-40 seconds of the movie...but you can "almost" kiss it once or twice throughout.
(Fear not, I just destroyed my own "man-card")

LOL, you and me both!!!! And speaking of the "almost" kiss it better earlier in the movie - that was driving Dianna NUTS. She had never seen a Hallmark movie and was SOOOOO perplexed at the unnecessary drama between the characters. It was more fun watching her face contort in confusion at the dialogue and acting at certain points!!

Congrats on the new love affair!
I had the same impression for some reason. I actually didn't see one in the flesh until a year or two ago at Righteous Guitars and it really did look small on their massive wall of PRS. I think it's the dinky upper horn.

Cool, so it wasn't just me. When I see them in pics on their own, the Santana looks bulbous and large. Definitely NOT in real life. It really is the size of a les Paul JR double cut....

If it has a chick from "Full House" or Lacey Chabert it WILL be watched!!!! Like, Friday I have no gig and Candice Cameron-Bure has the premier of one of her new "Aurora Teagarden Mysteries" on Hallmark - DUDE, I am PUMPED!!!!!!!! I LOVE the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries!!!!!

I feel the same way about Jennifer Love-Hewitt.............and my Santanas!

Great story, and lovely guitar. I’m not a fan of the HFS/VB combo, either. I like the newer PRS pickups.

Great story, and lovely guitar. I’m not a fan of the HFS/VB combo, either. I like the newer PRS pickups.

Awesome! I am right with you. Give me 57/08s ALL day. If the SDs didn't satisfy me, I'd have ordered some PRS pickups - probably 59/09s to try them out. I was in the studio tonight laying tracks - including a guitar lead. I used the Santana, and it really cut through the SERIOUSLY dense mix. Most of this album has been my SC245 for all the electric rhythm guitars, the P22 for the acoustic parts (I am using a KILLER Impulse Response of a Martin D45), and either the EG4 of the SC245 for leads. Toss the Santana in there now. It has a totally different flavor - very smooth and clear.

Can't say I am a big Fan of the Satana models but I do love Fire Red guitars and those maple Pick-up surrounds are so much nicer than the 'white' you normally get. The ONLY thing I would change with my 594 and Custom 24 are the Pick-up surrounds - who would put White surrounds on a Guitar with a 'dark' and lot of black on it? I don't understand why PRS do this - its not as if there is 'white' anywhere else to compliment it - they use a black switch tip, black trem arm tip, black pot caps etc so why put 'white' PU surrounds when they could be 'black'. That being said, the Maple on yours looks great - its not as harsh as white is...

Toss the Santana in there now. It has a totally different flavor - very smooth and clear.

I find that the scale length really helps with the further back placement of the neck pup, like it's still brighter but not as twangy as the 25" scale PRS. It really helps cut through with rhythm guitars or another guitarist who's playing on a 22 fret guitar.

Back